10 Posts

Battleground: Crossbows & Catapults War Chest Starter Set» Forums » General

Subject: Holy Sticker Shock! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MB CB
msg tools
Hey all,

Wondering if you can fill me in on why the BG: C&C War Chest is so pricey? A couple years back I happened across one at Target on a clearance rack for $10. Since I had played the original C&C back when I was a kid, I figured I'd grab it for my nephew and stick it in a closet till he got a bit older.

So, I pull it out yesterday and find out that people are listing it on Amazon for close to $200.

What in the world happened to make it worth so much?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess...nostalgia for the older game, plus relatively limited release/publication of this version. It's now OOP and hard/impossible to find in stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened is scarcity. If you go down those same aisles now, you don't see copies of it, anywhere. Its hard to find now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heh. That makes it very tempting to sell. However, I always wanted C&C as a kid, and never got it. I can't deprive my future children of such joys. =)

Actually... I wonder if I have two sets... or maybe it's just a couple expansions... hmmm....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harvey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is the one time i've ever experienced that a game is cheaper in the UK than it is in the US

And even though i'm 22, i'm bloody tempted to buy it for the pure fun of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's not OCD until you sleeve your UNO cards.
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget asking prices on Amazon don't equal prices that people are willing to pay for it. There are quite a few out of print games where people ask very high prices on Amazon

It has gone up a bit, but you can buy it on Amazon or here for much more reasonable prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bertram
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, I'd have to agree. Looked at the descritpion of this game and thought "PERFECT!!". Would have been great for my son and I. But to pay $150 - $200 for a game that was once on salt at Target for $10.00? Not happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a buy-it-now on ebay for $50 right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael leers
Germany
dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmb
i got today a full starter set for only 20 euro, but as it came today the box was lager 1/2 bigger than the us box. even the expansion that cost only 10 euro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.