Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
If you have some sanity left...
badge
...come and join me in the tavern I buy you a mug of beer.
mbmbmb
We played Regatta at the Gigamix booth at Essen.

In Regatta you have to race you're sailing boat over the big waves. You put down a couple of buoys on the table as a starting/finnish line. And some buoys on the table around which each player has to move his/her boat.

To move you're boat you have to play a card (you always have 5 cards in you're hands), on the cards are arrows, you lay down the beginning of the arrow at the tip of the boat and put the you're boat at the end of arrow. And so you move around. There are a couple of special cards, a sun makes the next player skip a turn, with wind on you're card you can use that same card twice, and a with a steering wheel on it, you can play a second card. The fist one going around the buoys and through the finnish wins the game.

So the game is rather easy to play, it makes me think a lot at Wings of War, on how you move the pieces but you just don't have to shoot anyone. It has some wonderfull components and it comes in a small box. Looks like a good childrens game to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are so right.

Wings of war was he first thing that came to my mind.

I'm tempted but not sure if I'll go for it.
If the components are allright 20 euros would probably just be about right for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.