Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Takacs
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard that Vlaada Chvátil will be designing a Mage Knight board game. Any more information on the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor T.
Russia
flag msg tools
I've got some good news: the article about Mage Knight was published a week ago here. Unfortunately, it's written in Czech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very interesting, just wish I could read it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Boleen
United States
Northwest
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Google browser can translate, though it has issues, you can understand the gist of the article.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Boleen
United States
Northwest
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is a straight copy-and-paste of the article: (In other words, not my words0

Mage Knight

The second game was proven game Mage Knight from Vlaaďi also being developed for another publisher. It is thematically integrated into the world of collecting miniatures game with the same name, but in this world Vlaaďa left no stone unturned (literally). The whole world has demolished the original magic sudden events and new heroes now (called Mage Knights) comes into this world with certain goals (given the scenario that you start the game you HNA). We played the first training scenario where the aim is to explore the world of heroes and see if it remained a city (the game ends with the discovery of the first of them). At the beginning of the game plan for the world consists of three parts of the game maps and heroes can gradually explore further (in the beginning of the undiscovered world) - at that moment, adds another piece of the game. Heroes can perform actions depending on the action card players will play in his turn. Card Heroes

give a physical body - move across various terrains is different points of movement,
give leverage points - the ones you can recruit in the villages / towns / abbeys / fortress of different units, learn spells and other abilities - that is to add a new package of action cards)
increase attack or defense of the hero (and units) in combat with the enemy - these cards can (or must) be combined in order to attack / defense is high enough
give a lot of other interesting effects - such as healing wounds, generating different colors of magic, creating magical crystals (= magic that fade out at the end of round) and many more.
Each hero starts with the same fixed amount of 16-card deck, and the players can play it a different way to create a stronger card, including the powerful spells and artifacts (which is not easily obtained). In the game, then meet with a deck-building mechanism (although not as strong as in games Dominion and Thunderstone ).

It is also important not to say that each tab has a basic effect for the mere playing (eg, movement 2, Attack 2, Treatment 1) and advanced effects (such as movement 4, Attack 4, Treatment 2), but requires a longer In addition, payment of a certain color of mana. Then the players most often drawn from the open source world, which is presented five dice and determine how many colors are currently available. In its use (the player chooses a cube with color) and then shift the magic cube stock of the world is constantly changing. More secure form of magic, then stocks are magical crystals which players can get through some action cards, or in mines (special field game plan.

Mage Knight (prototype) - game area in the early stages of the game
Mage Knight (prototype) - Action Cards Hand
Mage Knight (prototype) - game area at the end of the game
In his world tour with the players fight monsters potulujícími with different power / danger may bring some points (strength, magic tower, city), darkness can explore the various caves and underground, for example, but can also burn the monastery. In all these cases, they have to fight, which will come into play battle card action (increasing attack / defense) and previously recruited units. Combat can get a lot of different things:

glory - something like the experience of determining the level of hero, the hero gets in any fight,
additional action cards - the majority of the game strengthen package heroes
title to the conquest of the area (for strength, magic towers, etc.
When I touched the level of experience and heroes, I deliver that level determines how many units can lead character (currently in the prototype: Level 1 = 1 unit, level 3 = 2 units, ...). At the same time determines how many action cards to each player at the end of his round dolíže (always from the beginning to 5, from a level of 6 and "Superheroes" even 7).

Game mechanics are in play more, and now works very well, so personally I'm looking forward this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.