Checkers» Forums » General

Subject: Using Toy Knights for Checkers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
flag msg tools
I recently struck upon the idea of using plastic knights for checkers pieces. It does nothing to change the game...but it changes the game for me. The theme of medieval knights slugging it out on the draughts board is a lot of fun.

I use the Guardian Knights: Set 36 Plastic Toy Medieval Knight Figures by Toysmith. There are 36 plastic medieval knights figures that come in 2 colors and stand up to 1-7/8 inches tall (48mm). The original figures are hand painted and very nice, but the new pieces are also nice. I use the standard bearers, trumpeters, and mace wielders for the Kings, which provides up to 6 Kings per side.

I haven't tried it yet, but I would think that a pirate themed checkers game or WWII themed game would also be a blast. As I said, it didn't chang anything of the game mechanics, but it seems to make the game even more fun to play.

The Guardian Knights were available at Amazon for $6.37 & eligible
for the Free Super Saver Shipping when the total order is $25 or more.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.