Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Mette
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I admit, there is room for interpretation here. I had intended for strategic blocking to be an integral part of the game and in both of these scenarios, the way we play is that if a player has the potential to get out (such as having a token or having the right block in their reserve pile) then it would be ok to block someone in to force them to use their token or wait until they can build with that block. Of course, some houses (or game owners) may be more or less strict with their interpretation, and I'm ok with that too. But, if you go by my thinking (not always advised) then you can leave a Climber stuck for the time being, as long as that player has a way to build or use a token to get out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tex tex
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt,
What is your opinion then about the rules questions over in this other thread?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/490004/are-straws-allowe...

scattered wrote:
If an opponent places my meeple in a 5-walled jail (roof/floor/3 sides), am I allowed to use a straw to remove the meeple to reduce the chances of toppling the tower?

And a related separate question,
if a player is about to place a piece enclosing my meeple in a 6-walled room, am I allowed to remove my meeple before that piece is placed?

It sounds like players putting opponents into 6-walled jails is outside your comfort-zone expectations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Engelberg
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt, you say a blocking move is allowed if the opponent has the potential to get out with a token. But what if she is out of tokens? Are you still allowed to block her in a way that would require a token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tex tex
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as the blockee in the are-straws-allowed thread , I wholeheartedly applauded the move that boxed me in. Of course that was in regular big Cornerstone which appears to permit such aggressive play.

Maybe it's analagous to the difference between regular season hockey (don't get hurt, save it for the playoffs) and playoff hockey (where the refs swallow their whistles). Cornerstone Light seems to have a more family-oriented ruleset.

vs vg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.