Subject: Transcontinental Income Bump rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Medievalbanquet
United States
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Looking at this picture relative to the rules for the $4 income level bump (and sharing mechanism) I want to ask the following question....

If in building black builds into the C City thus connecting track from coast to coast with essentially green how many railroads are involved in black's choice of sharing the $2?

You see blue is a part of the network as well if black wants to include San Fran in his tracing OR does it stop at LA? Know what I mean? I.E. Black could choose either green or blue in that decision?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can see black has the transcontinental link all by himself.
But if you are asking what happends if he links to a network containining more than one other player, then the rules are quite clear: if black is placing the final connecting link, the he gets to choose between the other participating parties. Only one of them can share the profits: $2 for black and $2 for either blue or green. Black's choice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Medievalbanquet
United States
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
As far as I can see black has the transcontinental link all by himself.
But if you are asking what happends if he links to a network containining more than one other player, then the rules are quite clear: if black is placing the final connecting link, the he gets to choose between the other participating parties. Only one of them can share the profits: $2 for black and $2 for either blue or green. Black's choice!

I'm saying to envision black just having connected to the C City near that town. Forget the other part of black's network extending eastward as that was built later.

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I am saying that black gets to choose which single other player, which has a part of the connecting rail line that he will share the $4 with.

It's all in the rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Medievalbanquet
United States
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
And I am saying that black gets to choose which single other player, which has a part of the connecting rail line that he will share the $4 with.

It's all in the rules!

You're missing the point and its not clear in the rules, IMO. Look at the diagram- if black connects to C (no other eastward black track is built yet) can he choose to share with BLUE in this case and not green even though he just built into C connecting with green's network.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Medievalbanquet
United States
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at this. Now, assume everything to right of the white line doesn't exist yet. Also, I erased the black network east as that doesn't exist yet. The redcirle is the track that black just placed connecting railroads coast to coast. Ok?

Now, who can he share the $2 with. Which colors? Just green? Or Blue as well?

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtle brushwork. I like the way it catches the light

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Medievalbanquet
United States
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:

B>

Its like a crack in time and space.

gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now black has connected his WEST coast railline with the EAST coast rail line of green. So green gets to share the income.
Blue isn't part of the new rail line that leads to the East coast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
medievalbanquet wrote:
Look at this. Now, assume everything to right of the white line doesn't exist yet. Also, I erased the black network east as that doesn't exist yet. The redcirle is the track that black just placed connecting railroads coast to coast. Ok?

In this example, the 2 cities in question are Los Angeles and St. Louis. Black connected the 2 by building into New City C. The income bonus would be Black $2 and Green $2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:

B>

...the way he's holding her... it's almost... filthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Medievalbanquet
United States
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rockusultimus wrote:
medievalbanquet wrote:

In this example, the 2 cities in question are Los Angeles and St. Louis. Black connected the 2 by building into New City C. The income bonus would be Black $2 and Green $2.

Ok, great. I had thought last night that black, when connecting, could say the connection is from San Fran to the east, incorporating Blue into the mix. The rules should say shortest connection at the time of connecting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Medievalbanquet
United States
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Now black has connected his WEST coast railline with the EAST coast rail line of green. So green gets to share the income.
Blue isn't part of the new rail line that leads to the East coast.

Blue is from LA to San Fran...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.