Subject: Yep, this is a post about strategy for Snorta. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Hatchitt
United States
Cumming
Iowa
flag msg tools
Friends are enemies who have not attacked you yet...
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Snorta for the first time on Thanksgiving. We had multiple families over for the day. One player turned out to be a hidden gamer at heart. He figured out a strategy when playing the rooster/chicken. He uses the sound "Cockle doodle do". Very hard to say vs arf (dog), baa baa (sheep), squeek squeek (mouse) and etc... He did not win, but he did come close. Every game after that everyone playing the game fought over who would be the chicken.

Sometimes you can't spot the evil supra-geniuses until too late.

My strategy tip: Play the rooster/chicken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Sidcup
Kent
flag msg tools
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the trick here is definitely to choose a sound that isn't completely intuitive and difficult to sound out.

Alas, my snake's 'Hssss' was rubbish for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
mb
according to my set of rules the animals are drawn out the bag blindly by the players. So it might not be so easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Wintner
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, according to MY set of rules, you can make any sound that reasonably corresponds to the animal. So even if the player with the rooster makes the sound "cockle doodle doo" when "introducing" herself, it would be legitimate for another player in a match with them to say "cluck" or "bakaw!"

My rules give the particular example of the dog and say that woof, arf, or bow wow all work, and there is no point in the rules that says "attacking" players must make the same sound that the "defending" player used to introduce herself. So you might introduce yourself with cockle doodle doo, but I'll still say cluck when matching against you. In games I played, people actually used "yip" for the dog (maybe particularly because the dog piece looks like a pretty small dog ...) and we held that was fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.