Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition rules for this game. Could someone detail for me the differences between the two editions,i.e. what rules changes are in the second edition. I catch glimpses of zone of control movement penalties and corps integrity, but I don't know what these entail.

Of course a scanned copy of the second edition rules would be ideal, but I do not know if that is possible.

The General's third edition rules changes would be nice, too, but I don't want to ask for too much.

Thanks ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's interesting. I didn't even know there were second and third editions of this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First edition rulebook is brown. Second edition is green and has a couple rule changes as far as I can tell. Third edition is found in a General magazine and adds a couple errata and some chrome.

I have only first edition. In fact it is on the table and I enjoy it very much. I find this game rather tense and the simple ZOC, engaged, combat table, etc. rules keep it tense.

I am just curious if second or third edition rules make it a better game or simply adds a little more complexity without any real effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Krynicki
United States
Lakeville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO....the 2nd edition rules really do "clean up" and refine this already great game. The adjusted counters are a must have as well:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1988707/battle-of-the-bul...

The 3rd edition...although there are some neat ideas in it....just clutter up the flow of the game with little or no benefit to realism or playability.

Almost all tournament play is done using the 2nd edition rules...which should probably tell you something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How can you tell what edition you have? I'm looking to get a copy of this, but I would much prefer the 2nd Edition straight off, inclusive of updated counters, rather than having to mess around with pdfs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, to partially answer my own question, I see the 2nd Ed. has a green rulebook and the words SECOND EDITION emblazoned across the front page. Bit of a giveaway

However, one question remains, do all second edition copies of this game include the updated and additional units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Krynicki
United States
Lakeville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don,

No.....the updated counters came out after the 2nd edition was published in "The General" Magazine (Vol 25 No. 2).

You can download a pdf copy of the Magazine for free here:

http://www.ahgeneral.org/index/ahgenv25.htm

If you need a copy of the 2nd ed rules/charts/etc....drop me an email with your (non-BGG) email address and I'll send you a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.