Narek Der-Sahakian
United States
Montrose
United States
flag msg tools
mb
The "storm" spot on the wheel of fortune gives one point per follower still in your supply. Am I correct in assuming Wagons, Barns, and Mayors are not counted as "followers?" The preperation section of the abbey/mayor rules say "each player takes 1 abbey, 1 mayor, 1 barn, and 1 wagon, which he places in his play area along with his followers." Which seems to imply that none of those things are followers themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atte Saunamäki
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
narek23 wrote:
The "storm" spot on the wheel of fortune gives one point per follower still in your supply. Am I correct in assuming Wagons, Barns, and Mayors are not counted as "followers?" The preperation section of the abbey/mayor rules say "each player takes 1 abbey, 1 mayor, 1 barn, and 1 wagon, which he places in his play area along with his followers." Which seems to imply that none of those things are followers themselves.

Mayors and wagons are followers, just like the big meeples from IC are. However barns, builders and pigs are considered special figures, not followers. Mayors and wagons do count in the storm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narek Der-Sahakian
United States
Montrose
United States
flag msg tools
mb
The rules of wheel of fortune combined with some of these expansions are not explained well in the rulebook so forgive me for asking these questions.
The wheel of fortune action that gives points for knights and pennants on the city (don't have the book in front of me so forgot the name), is there anything special for mayors, big meeples, or wagons or do they all just count as 1 knight (or no knights?).

And for plague, is there any restrictions for what you can take off the board from the mayor, barn, and wagon (i'm guessing only the barn according to your previous answer)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atte Saunamäki
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
narek23 wrote:
The rules of wheel of fortune combined with some of these expansions are not explained well in the rulebook so forgive me for asking these questions.
The wheel of fortune action that gives points for knights and pennants on the city (don't have the book in front of me so forgot the name), is there anything special for mayors, big meeples, or wagons or do they all just count as 1 knight (or no knights?).

And for plague, is there any restrictions for what you can take off the board from the mayor, barn, and wagon (i'm guessing only the barn according to your previous answer)?

For the first question, I had to review the rules of IC and AM as well as the wheel itself (I dont really play with the wheel that much). I would say that for this wheel action mayors, big meeples and wagons only count as one knight each. Anyway when you place a follower into a city it is called a knight regardless of which specific follower type it might be. But also it would seem that mayor and big meeple's special worth is only taken into account when a city is scored (when it's finished). Anyone else have a take on this? Does the Carcassonne central CAR say anything regarding this? Too lazy to check it.

There's no official word that I've heard of for the plague yet. One can suspect that the plague is similar to the other hazards in Carcassonne, which affect all the figures except for the barn which is immune and is never removed from the board.

And dont worry about bothering anyone=).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narek Der-Sahakian
United States
Montrose
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the help, to be honest I haven't really enjoyed playing with the wheel or A&M. I like the simplicity and length of the base game + IC and rivers.

Maybe taking out a bunch of tiles randomly would help with the length

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.