Subject: A question re: Black Tower and ties rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Debbie Baker
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just opened this game tonight. First round, Osirus won with zero points (we both placed our last markers on his turn). Unsatisfying, but not the question.

Second round: the black tower is placed (by me) in a corner. My first tile is a zero, placed next to it. Osirus concentrates on the white towers, and I place my king on the other face of the black tower. I thought that got me the tower. Osirus argued that since neither of us had any influence, and I had placed the last tile, he should get it. My counter-argument is that he has no tiles there, and therefore can't be part of any tie, so there is no tie, and I get it.

The rules (and this forum, to date) were completely unable to help us resolve the issue. Anyone want to weigh in?

(We decided to let me keep the tower, since he had both white ones sewn up, and I ended up beating him by placing all my markers before he'd placed 7. But my victory is forever tainted!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I would actually say it should go to him- you both added up all your influence and it came to zero. the rules in that instance aren't looking for whether or not tiles were what generated zero influence, just that the total on both sides was zero. since you were the last person to place a tile there, it would go to him.

i do agree that there's a lot more wiggle room in the way it's worded than there should have been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.