3 Posts

Bridgetown Races» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to use the "Swap" special action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've got two plays of Bridgetown Races in so far. Two questions about the "Swap" special action:

1. Do you Swap before or after your racer movement? Or can you choose?

2. Do you have to use the special action with the coordinator that you placed simultaneously during the transportation phase? I suspect that this isn't required, and that you can you claim a special action simultaneously with one coordinator during the transportation phase, and then use that special action with another coordinator during the movement phase - but I'd like to be certain that this is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey Grayson
United States
Seaside
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EndersGame wrote:
We've got two plays of Bridgetown Races in so far. Two questions about the "Swap" special action:

1. Do you Swap before or after your racer movement? Or can you choose?

It is the same as actions "First" or "Double" -- "Swap" action is taken before racer movement.

EndersGame wrote:
2. Do you have to use the special action with the coordinator that you placed simultaneously during the transportation phase? I suspect that this isn't required, and that you can you claim a special action simultaneously with one coordinator during the transportation phase, and then use that special action with another coordinator during the movement phase - but I'd like to be certain that this is correct.

You are correct. You pick a special action followed by the movement of your racer using a transportation mode of your choice.

BTW, thanks for all the great questions. I look forward to your review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this, and also for your other responses to my rules questions Carey! Sometimes unfair criticisms can result from not getting the rules right, or from not giving a game a fair trial, or not taking the time to properly understand it, and those are mistakes I'd like to avoid. I know that designers typically spend a lot of time play-testing their games - so it's important to me to make sure I'm playing the game the way people like you intended it, since most likely that's going to be the way the game is most balanced and best enjoyed!

We've got in four plays already now, and it's gone over quite well. Thanks again, and also to Brian Brokaw for chipping in with several helpful posts as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.