Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Photobucket folder with all of the files for this: http://s746.photobucket.com/user/Grudunza/library/Arkham%20H...

----------------------------------------

In retrospect, I'm sorry for posting the first two scenarios to other threads, but I wasn't really thinking in terms of a campaign at that point. Anyway, from now on, all IJ variant stuff I do should be covered and added in this thread.

As it is now, there are 3 scenarios, the campaign rules which apply to all scenarios (unless otherwise noted), 5 investigators, 3 allies, and 2 special items. Certainly, there may still be tweaks needed, and there may be more stuff coming, though at this point I'm going to stop working on new scenarios. Maybe 20 years from now I'll make part 4.

Anyway, here's what I've got for now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
England
Barnard Castle
flag msg tools
designer
not the nose, not the nose!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Superb. A lot of work has gone into this, and it looks very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dippel
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
Commentary! The OverText
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric,
This looks fantastic!
I can't wait to give it a try!
Thanks so much!
-Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Every other part of this campaign can be printed easily and used pretty seamlessly, but the investigator markers aren't really that easy to apply to the game. So here's my recommendations for substitute character markers/minis. Some are better fits than others, no doubt, but anyway...

Indiana Jones = Monterey Jack (duh)

Marion Ravenwood = Ursula Downs

Henry Jones Sr. = Harvey Walters or Leo Anderson

Sophia Hapgood = Mandy Thompson

Short Round = Joe Diamond (for the mini, because it's short)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldar Closer
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to do one Herald but have no idea how to get the basic graphs?

Can you help me started?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to post these earlier. In case you want to use your Activity Markers as Activity Markers (does anyone actually use those?) instead of Snakes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldarest wrote:
I'd like to do one Herald but have no idea how to get the basic graphs?

Can you help me started?

It's all done with this program: http://cgjennings.ca/eons/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lee
United Kingdom
Harrow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for your fantastic variant, we tried the first scenario Indy's a bit strong but the snakes keep him in check. I don't think you can use him without the snakes to stop him from being to powerful compared to the rest of the charecters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sun_Shang_Xiang wrote:
Thank you so much for your fantastic variant, we tried the first scenario Indy's a bit strong but the snakes keep him in check. I don't think you can use him without the snakes to stop him from being to powerful compared to the rest of the charecters.

Well, he is the legendary Indiana Jones, after all. cool

In my use of him so far with the first two scenarios, he has fit in well. His abilities have come in very useful a few times, but not so often that they seemed too overpowered. But yeah, it is good that he has to avoid the snakes.

Thanks for the feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! This is fantastic.

Amazing work!

Any chance you'd be up for posting the *.eon files for this?

I ask solely to make it easy to print these out double sided with nice backs.

Thanks again. I'm looking QUITE forward to playing these scenarios this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Simply awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:
Wow! This is fantastic.

Amazing work!

Any chance you'd be up for posting the *.eon files for this?

I ask solely to make it easy to print these out double sided with nice backs.

Thanks again. I'm looking QUITE forward to playing these scenarios this weekend.

Here's a link to a folder with the EON files: http://www.mediafire.com/?xk29jpb0glc8d There are a few small updates for some of the files, compared to the images above. I'm also working on a Personal Story for Indy and a series of location encounters to be the first scenario's Special Encounter Deck. I'm hoping to have an Artscow deck ready by the end of the month which will include the various cards for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the Indy Personal Story... might need some tweaking, still.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to bother making personal stories for the others, but if anyone has ideas for Marion, Henry Sr., Short Round and Sophia, please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what I'm working on for the encounters. These would be for the Elder Sign Orb scenario, and possibly for the Kingsport Crown scenario. The idea is that these would comprise a separate "Special Encounter Deck" that you work through during the game, and whatever the last card is, the location on the card with the encounter is where you need to go to find the orb or the crown or whatever. Indiana Jones has to take the lead on completing that last encounter (this would replace the final skill check sequence currently on the Orb scenario), but he'll always need some help from others in order to succeed.

The way these are, they wouldn't scale well at all for games with only 1-2 players, but let's face it, 1-2 players just ain't scaled well, anyway, for Arkham Horror. These encounters might seem to favor higher #'s of investigators in particular, but it requires the coordination of people meeting up at the same location, which isn't always easy or even possible to do, so I think it's probably okay. Anyway, the particulars of the "toughness" might need to be adjusted, but here's a few examples for now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Here's a link to a folder with the EON files: http://www.mediafire.com/?xk29jpb0glc8d There are a few small updates for some of the files, compared to the images above.

Excellent. Thanks!

Grudunza wrote:
I'm also working on a Personal Story for Indy and a series of location encounters to be the first scenario's Special Encounter Deck. I'm hoping to have an Artscow deck ready by the end of the month which will include the various cards for this.

The news just keeps getting better. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Here's what I'm working on for the encounters. These would be for the Elder Sign Orb scenario, and possibly for the Kingsport Crown scenario. The idea is that these would comprise a separate "Special Encounter Deck" that you work through during the game, and whatever the last card is, the location on the card with the encounter is where you need to go to find the orb or the crown or whatever. Indiana Jones has to take the lead on completing that last encounter (this would replace the final skill check sequence currently on the Orb scenario), but he'll always need some help from others in order to succeed.

This is great!

In my opinion, a grand finale event to win (rather than a battle with the GOO) is something that would greatly benefit Arkham Horror and this scenario and deck of cards would allow for that and provide enough randomness for re playability as well. I think this is a great start to achieving these goals.

Grudunza wrote:
These encounters might seem to favor higher #'s of investigators in particular, but it requires the coordination of people meeting up at the same location, which isn't always easy or even possible to do, so I think it's probably okay.

I think this is definitely ok and a great idea/approach.

Defenders of the Realm also uses an approach where multiple players gather together to combine efforts in each of the four primary battles. In my opinion it works very well as it provides the challenge of multiple players making it to the same spot, and then has the benefit (and excitement) of combining cards/stats for rounds of battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i've upload this materials translated to spanish. i hope mr. herman don't be angry, because i haven't asked his permission. whistle

here for view in the forum of "sectarios":

http://www.sectarios.org/foro/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3187

and here the .eon:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JS6SG7XJ

greetings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like some pieces are missing, but that's terrific!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested, there is now an Artscow deck available with several of the cards for this Indiana Jones campaign. It includes 4 Allies (with a new one for Harold Oxley), the three items (Umbrella, Medallion and a new one for the Headpiece of the Staff of Ra, which Marion starts with), Indy's personal story cards and his Ophidiophobia card, and all of the Special Encounter deck location cards. Note that the sizes of the Items and Allies and the Madness card won't match the AH cards of those types, but they don't need to, as they are all starting items. Well, the Allies will now be placed at the bottom of the Ally deck after Indy draws his starting Ally from among them (that way, they will remain available throughout the game, unless the Allies are depleted). I'll soon be updating the campaign and scenario rules to reflect the slight changes needed to use these cards. I'll also post the Harold Oxley Ally and the Headpiece of the Staff of Ra (and Marion's updated sheet) when I get a chance.

To fill out the deck, I included the cards for my Chemical Effects variant. So, FWIW, you can check those out. I may add more Indiana Jones specific cards and replace the Chemical Effects cards at some point.

Here's the Artscow link: http://www.artscow.com/gallery/card/AH-Indy-Chemicals-g8w1y3...

And here's what the deck looks like:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow... could you put a link with the eons? i would like to translate too.

and, i think i've translate all the material for the link you gave us.

may be did you say that for the pictures in the link i've put? in the link of "sectarios" i've only upload some pictures, but i've explained that all the material is in the link of megaupload. it's true that i've forgot sophia hapgood... but it's already upload. ( http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NNY59JCZ )

thanks for the effors and the material. it looks so interesting.
greetings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
calpurnio1973 wrote:
wow... could you put a link with the eons? i would like to translate too.

and, i think i've translate all the material for the link you gave us.

may be did you say that for the pictures in the link i've put? in the link of "sectarios" i've only upload some pictures, but i've explained that all the material is in the link of megaupload. it's true that i've forgot sophia hapgood... but it's already upload. ( http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NNY59JCZ )

thanks for the effors and the material. it looks so interesting.
greetings!

Ah, okay. It just seemed like you had posted almost everything, so I was concerned that a few things were missing. Yeah, I'll definitely add the rest of the files, and any updated files, to that link I posted before. I'm just pressed for time right now with some traveling, so it might be a day or two before I get to that. But I really wanted to get that deck ready while they are still on sale through the end of the month (code: MYOCARDS2011).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Morton Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Paint it red; RED 'UNS GO FASTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I really must say, this is absolutely superb! Looks like you put a lot of serious work into this! It's always a good sign when I get super excited reading a variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra kudos for not having a Shia laBeouf "character"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nyhotep wrote:
Extra kudos for not having a Shia laBeouf "character"!

Heh, well he wouldn't fit in with the AH timeframe, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric TOLLET
France
POISSY
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very very nice job !
But where can we find the cards of the encounter deck (same as artcow) ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.