Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
The Back Alley gets no respect.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game might just work if I can create my own color-to-word cards. So does anyone know what these long strings of letters that sound very Japanese translate into (in English)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that most (if not all) of the words are nonsense words that are just hard for people to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:
I'm pretty sure that most (if not all) of the words are nonsense words that are just hard for people to say.

And there's also a word that sounds (intentionally, as far as I can tell) as a "japanesation" of the Italian words for "you such a fool".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Obert
Italy
Piossasco-Turin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paolo Robino wrote:
"japanesation" of the Italian words for "you such a fool".

TUKOSISHEMU! :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Obert
Italy
Piossasco-Turin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:

You are right, Jonathan. I asked for help to some friends that know japasene (so them told me!) and I have reworked the orders to obtain more complicated words. In example, "dark green" or "light green", I dont remember.
But this only for the first set of the four. The others three are composed by simply nonsense words that "sounds" japanese for us. Some of them starting with some letters, so is more difficult the speak correctly and players have to speak entirely (even simple games require some tricks)
I dont remember if them are used on the original Cocktail version.
Here you can find the first demo of the game, some years ago:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=307566790004&v=app_239...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.