Subject: redeploy from Carc city question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim severs
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Hi, I've read mjharpers FAQ on this but don't understand how followers could be re-deployed from Carc city to an unoccupied or incomplete feature during the game (not the end). The RGG rules seem to restrict deployment to occupied, just-completed features in order to compete for the majority.

What would trigger re-deployment to an unfinished feature? Similarly, how could you re-deploy to a farm w/ barn and score 1 pt/city- what triggers that?

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you quote the part you think allows you to deploy to unfinished features? I don't see that anywhere. He does mention deploying to empty features - which is different than unfinished features.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim severs
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Hi, thanks for replying. I re-read the rules and answered one of my questions, however I still don't understand the following (from mjharpers CAR for The Count):

Quote:
71 Question: Can a follower be moved from Carcassonne to a farm with a barn—and if so, how many points
does a player earn (1 or 3)? Answer: Yes, that is allowed: the farmer will then be scored immediately, and so
scores only 1 point per city and is (importantly) not on farm during the final scoring proper.

What triggers redeployment from Carc city to the farm? The barn has been placed previously and any farmers removed after scoring 3 pts/city. What event triggers them to re-enter the farm from Carc city to score 1 pt/city afterward?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. This has more to do with the Abbey & Mayor expansion than how the count works, I guess.

The trigger in this case is 1 of 2 things. When the barn is placed, all farmers are scored right then and there. In effect, they are "complete" even though they can still be added to. So while technically unfinished, they are scored and this is the trigger.

So the first trigger is when a barn is placed. Majority is determined and the farm is scored 3 points per city. The farmers are then returned to their owners. So meeples in the city could be placed before this scoring takes place to affect majority.

The 2nd type of trigger is if an existing farm is then connected to a farm with a Barn. Once again, this farm is scored but it is now 1 pt per city for the player(s) with the majority. Again, a meeple in the City could be redeployed before this scoring take place.

So I don't necessarily agree with the "1 point per city" answer as there is a possibility of stills coring the 3 point per city when it is first triggered. It seems a case of the answer being narrowly focused, perhaps on misinterpreting the question to a degree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim severs
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Oh, yes, I see. That makes sense; thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.