United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a new episode dropping today?

Well drat, I had stuff to submit. I guess I'm all set for the next episode!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
kabutor wrote:
It is not Bon Appetit on the BGG?

I couldn't find it the couple of times I searched for it. I could be misspelling it, who knows?

It is a card game released in 2010 by Jaynelle Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
We had a new episode dropping today?

Well drat, I had stuff to submit. I guess I'm all set for the next episode!

Erik doesn't have time to wait for your or listent to your sniviling!

Submit!blush

Uh... sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ayrk wrote:
Erik doesn't have time to wait for your or listent to your sniviling!

True! But if he'd communicate and let me know he was going to be such a model of efficiency I could have compensated for my natural tendencies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Esko
Sweden
Piteå
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you guys have played too many games Tastes also changes over time. I don't think there are a lot of deck building games, I can only name 3 that are in stores now and I can only think of 2 more that I know of. 5 games is not a whole lot since there are hundreds (or even thousands) of new games coming out every year. The ones getting the most attention are the ones most popular on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I get a strong sense that Scott is burnt out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Awakening wrote:
I think you guys have played too many games Tastes also changes over time. I don't think there are a lot of deck building games, I can only name 3 that are in stores now and I can only think of 2 more that I know of. 5 games is not a whole lot since there are hundreds (or even thousands) of new games coming out every year. The ones getting the most attention are the ones most popular on BGG.

That's some of what I was saying when I said it was part of the cycle of game creation. I've heard of about 14 different deck-building games, a few are out now, some are still in development, and some have thankfully been put down in their infancy. And of course Dominion won't stop spawning expansions, so it's like a force of nature in it's own right.

trenttsd wrote:

That's certainly possible, but I actually feel like he was burnt out the first three or four months of 2010, and has come through the other side of burnout a changed person.

Instead of being in the frenzy of "new new new" he's still playing games, but from what I've heard him say he's started to find further exploring older games as engaging as chasing new games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:

No kidding. I was expecting him to say "what do you do when you want to burn your entire collection"?

The chemistry seems to be diminishing lately. Scott seems to get annoyed easily with Donald's thoughts about gaming & Erik is the only one who seems to stay focused and positive. Maybe time for a new member of the show?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eknauer wrote:
Maybe time for a new member of the show?

Ooh oh, do you want to volunteer! We'd love to have other people join in in the round tables from time to time. We've also talked about doing a monthly live show where people could call in on Skype or ask questions via a chat room.

As for Erik staying focused - do you listen to the same shows we record? Even though we all take tangents it always seems to me he's the one that jumps topics while pretending to stay on topic. Though really, since Erik has started editing the show I've felt a little more free to fire off any thoughts I might have, good, bad, or otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
eknauer wrote:

Ooh oh, do you want to volunteer! We'd love to have other people join in in the round tables from time to time. We've also talked about doing a monthly live show where people could call in on Skype or ask questions via a chat room.

I appreciate the offer but don't think I would be an asset to the show. Thanks though!
Quote:
As for Erik staying focused - do you listen to the same shows we record? Even though we all take tangents it always seems to me he's the one that jumps topics while pretending to stay on topic. Though really, since Erik has started editing the show I've felt a little more free to fire off any thoughts I might have, good, bad, or otherwise.

Maybe his tangents just seem more focused and relevant then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eknauer wrote:
Maybe his tangents just seem more focused and relevant then.

Also, he tends to be more positive in demeanor than I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm just glad people listen and comment.

Don, maybe we could hold a beauty contest for a part-time panelist? We could ask innane questions about world peace and see who answeres the best?

I'm liking it. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ayrk wrote:

I'm just glad people listen and comment.

Don, maybe we could hold a beauty contest for a part-time panelist? We could ask innane questions about world peace and see who answeres the best?

I'm liking it. shake
But we already have Giles on the show...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:

Instead of being in the frenzy of "new new new" he's still playing games, but from what I've heard him say he's started to find further exploring older games as engaging as chasing new games.

Yep, I don't go out and buy the newest and latests. I still enjoy a game of AH Civilization as long as I have 6 hours to spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sturm
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
eknauer wrote:

I really enjoyed doing the session I did with Don and Scott and would be happy to cameo again sometime if you are looking to mix things up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.