$10.00
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
I've been reading some of the user comments for this expansion. It seems most are either:
1. People really like the base game so they like the expansion
2. People didn't like the base game so they didn't like the expansion.

I'm wondering if anyone falls into the other category of people who like the base game but think the expansion is unnecessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 is more likely "didn't like the game, never played the expansion".

I think it's necessary myself, just to get some variety in the cards that turn up. I hate how some games have setups where you know that something will always turn up at the same point every game.

Haven't used the board yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the expansion board with 4-6 players, but leave it out with fewer. I always use the cards, for variety, as Steve says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Potter
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always felt the base game was mediocre with little variation between games. But the expansion added so much more to the overall experience. I play with the expansion regardless of the number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
I forgot I posed this. I got the expansion now so it's kind of moot for me. It better be good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.