Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Manns
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok on the english instructions it states:
Blue wins the siege with a battle difference of 2 against opponent red. He may then remove bricks to a value of up to 2 points from the two neighboring parts of wall. It says he can take either the two green bricks or the brown brick. The illustration shows that one wall is just a green brick but the other wall is a brown brick on top of a green brick. If he can remove bricks up to a battle differnce of two can't he only either remove the brown brick from the top and only the green brick which is alone on the other wall, He shouldn't be able to take the green brick under the brown brick becaouse wouldn't that require a battle difference of three? I read a post and a review on this site telling me that the player would only be able to take either just the brown or the green brick that is by itself but the english instructions seem to say something else. Anyone know what I mean? Please help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
Thank you for stopping at this OverText. Your cursor is now being scanned for the purpose of security. Please don't move for 3 seconds . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thank you for your cooperation. You may proceed.
mbmbmbmbmb
First: Please consider hitting the [Return]-Key once in a while. Makes your post much better readable, than a "Wall-o-Text".

Second: Look again closely on the picture in the rules: There are 4 wall segments with 6 bricks all in all:
Beginning at the one with the brown brick clockwise:
brown-green; empty; green; green; empty; green-green.

So it is no problem at all to take two green bricks.

But if there was only:
brown-green; empty; empty; empty, empty; green

In this case you would be right and with a win of 2 you could either take one brown or only one green, because you couldn't pull out the second green from below the brown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Manns
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the explanation.
It seems I did know the rules.
I didn't notice that there were TWO green bricks in the right wall.
I thought there was just one. The illustration was tough to make out.
I think EKETORP is a fine game and am surprised it doesn't have a higher rating.
As a matter of fact I find that all Queen games are a little under appreciated.
Alhambra, Thebes, and The Thief of Bagdad are some of my favorite games.
I just purchased EKETORP and INKA.
Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify. The fact that there are single green bricks in areas that blue is not attacking is irrelevant, as they could not be chosen.

The ability to choose two green bricks stems purely from the fact that one of the two areas that Blue is attacking contains two green bricks stacked together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.