Carcassonne: Wheel of Fortune» Forums » General

Subject: Wheel to side rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If adding to other sets, can you just put the wheel off to the side and lay river as normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gumby
Australia
Taree
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep. That is what we do. We rarely play with the wheel. I find it a distraction. Sometimes we use it just as a side piece but we always start with the river. We tried using the wheel as a start piece but I found it too big. If it was 3 x 3 maybe but 4 x 4 is too big in my opinion. We only bought the wheel as it didn't cost much more and it is good for a change now and then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do people ever use basic Carc and the Wheel in same game, just to make it bigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gumby
Australia
Taree
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You mean put both games together? Yes. From what I know they are identical tile sets. The Wheel tiles have a watermark to ID them plus some will have the Wheel move ahead number on them, You could use the Wheel itself to make teh game bigger and not play the actuall Wheel mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joewtwins
United States
Ankeny
IA
flag msg tools
because it's all I ever wanted to be..
badge
Cloning gamers since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the wheel and the rivers. I use the spring with the road to start off the wheel tile. If I didn't have this tile the spring without a road would work too, but creates a big field at the start.

Anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joewtwins
United States
Ankeny
IA
flag msg tools
because it's all I ever wanted to be..
badge
Cloning gamers since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
Talisinbear wrote:
Do people ever use basic Carc and the Wheel in same game, just to make it bigger?

Yes, we do sometimes, but be prepared to play for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.