Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello can anyone post some reviews that have played this game? I am trying to get information if this game should be my next purchase. It sounds like like Rosenberg's new game Mercadors. Is it similar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you will have few reviews of this game because the gameplay is identical to Die Handler (which is over 12 years old) save 2 differences:

1. The special abilities are auctioned off during the game, as opposed to dealt out or auctioned off before play starts.

2. There are 6 more (3 each of 2 different) privilege cards.

As such, I would urge you to check out the reviews of Die Handler.

Also, as someone who has played both, I can say that Merkator isnt really anything like Die Handler, save the pick up and deliver theme/genre. This game is more confrontational and has some negotiation. Merkator is much more about action efficiency and timing. I rate both an 8 though!

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Garrett
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
This week's podcast - Nations the Dice Game and Neptun
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I reviewed it as part of Episode 240 of our podcast. Here's the link if you are interested in having a listen:

http://garrettsgames.com/2010/12/04/garretts-games-and-geeki...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.