Subject: Fantasy Flight Game Componet Problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted M
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been buying FFG products for many years (new and sealed, never used) and never had a components problem. However, the last couple FFG items I've bought were missing pieces. For example, I purchased The Tomb of Ice expansion and while all cards, heroes and tokens are present, no monsters were included in the box. I also purchased a copy of Runewars and had a couple duplicate heroes. I wrote to the replacements parts dept about these issues, but am just wondering: has anyone else experienced similar problems with FFG lately? Just curious...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have too, but I think I am just buying more FFGs now than I did years ago, every time I have an issue they correct it for me right away... I bought a set of the Arkham Investigators (the prepainted minis) and I was missing one, but had a dupe of another... they took care of it right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Wårell
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not recently. But I bought Curse of the Dark Pharaoh (Arkham Horror expansion) two years ago where the color had bled all over the location cards. Customer support sent me a new deck without any hassle (and I'm living in Sweden).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this is a strictly FFG-related problem. Before I went on my boardgame buying hiatus (About a year or so ago), I almost never had any problems with my NIS purchases. However, since I've started buying a few games again I've had problems with about half of my purchases, arriving in less than ideal conditions, some of which looking like transport or warehouse problems, the others more like manufacturing issues, so far there was nothing severe enough to warrant getting a replacement (for me, anyway).

My theory is that we're seeing the results of cost-cutting measures due to increases in material and manufacturing costs. Of course it could just be coincidence.

Note: One of the games I had problems with was an FFG product, though as far as I can see, this was a transportation/warehouse problem, and I'm not sure whether the fault lies with FFG or the retailer here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted M
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, glad to know its not just me. While I still like FFG and will continue to order their games, I just think they might need to do a little more quality control...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Pamp Bengtsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Haven't had any missing pieces in anything I've bought from them, but they've been kind enough to replace items I myself have lost for free!

Really amazing company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My problem with Tomb of Ice is that none of the connections from the board tiles fit with those of the old boards. Have to use violence (or a knife) to make them fit.

Another expansion and the base game missed a figure each but I got replacements very quick and friendly. And without any cost. That was great service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I've never had any more trouble getting my ToI tiles to fit than I had any other tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The previous expansions' tiles worked perfectly. But especially the two tiles small connectors do not fit at all. Since all of them have this problem I don't think it is a specific error. But it is the German edition after all so I don't know about any differences. Perhaps a reprint? Dunno...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a problem with the translated versions of TOI from Edge Entertainement, not FFG. Email Edge ASAP before they run out of pieces, because they had replacement produced (I got a complete set of tiles).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.