Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have a couple of questions

1) Why are the DD for the Kate lower then the ship torpedo's they were both Long Lance torpedo's

2) Why is it that a carrier can carry 80 A/C but each flight only gets 1 AD? Shouldnt each flight get more dice?

3) Some of the battleships armour is 6+, that means that every hit on them rolls for a critical hit?

4) Are the long Lance torpedo's a little under strength? They dont seem to be able to sink or cripple a cruiser very easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul B
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not an expert but I will try and answer.

1. Kate only carries one torp. DD's have a bank of four (I think).

2. A light cruiser has 1 AD per main gun. A flight of three aircraft would probably do the same amount of damage. Plus you don't want to have overpowered aircraft. The balance is right.

3. When you roll to hit a BB with the AD you will need to roll a 6. Critical hits don't come from the AD. They come from the DD roll. So you are rolling to hit. Reroll successful hits with DD roll. Most BB's are 5+ to damage. If you roll a 6 that is then recorded as a damage plus you visit the critical hit chart.

4. Long Lance Torps are deadly in this game. For every one successful AD roll, you will get 5 DD dice for the damage roll. I'm scared of them. Plus the Japs get to reload torps.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpozsr wrote:
I just have a couple of questions

1) Why are the DD for the Kate lower then the ship torpedo's they were both Long Lance torpedo's

2) Why is it that a carrier can carry 80 A/C but each flight only gets 1 AD? Shouldnt each flight get more dice?

3) Some of the battleships armour is 6+, that means that every hit on them rolls for a critical hit?

4) Are the long Lance torpedo's a little under strength? They dont seem to be able to sink or cripple a cruiser very easy.

Specific to question #1 - torpedoes carried by Kates were definitely NOT long lances. Kates carried Type 91 torpedoes, 45 cm in diameter and ~500 pound warheads, whereas the Type 93 Long Lance torpedoes were 61 cm in diameter and had 1,000 pounds warheads. Most importantly, Type 91 torpedoes had a range of only 2,000 meters, whereas the Type 93 Long Lance had over ten times the range - 22,000 meters - nearly 25 miles!

Long Lances were only carried by IJN surface warships. IJN subs used the Type 95 torpedo, which was a smaller and less capable version of the Long Lance.

Hope that helped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.