$10.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

& Cetera» Forums » Rules

Subject: Exhibitions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Roads_and_Boats [+] [View All]
Kevin Stone
England
Wokingham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game with & Cetera last night and just wanted to check the rules for Exhibitions...If I understand correctly, you can only exhibit at each players home-tile once. So if I take a 3 piece exhibit to Player B, I can’t take my 4 (or 5) piece exhibit there, it has to go to a different player. Likewise if Player C beats me to Player B and holds a 3 piece show there, I can’t take my 3 piece show to Player B, it has to go somewhere else. Is that correct?

Therefore in a 2 player game there can only be a maximum of 2 exhibitions (1 each) and at most artwork will be worth 40 points each when scoring?

Another question cropped up during the game, if 3 a piece exhibition has already been held in a players home-tile, can another 3 piece exhibition pass through that home-tile to reach another players home-tile? Or will it just disappear as normal and be wasted?

Thanks for your help.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kev,

I'm still unsure myself. I wonder if I can get an answer from Splotter.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martins Livens
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rezza wrote:
We played our first game with & Cetera last night and just wanted to check the rules for Exhibitions...If I understand correctly, you can only exhibit at each players home-tile once. So if I take a 3 piece exhibit to Player B, I can’t take my 4 (or 5) piece exhibit there, it has to go to a different player.


Not exactly, you don't have 3/4/5 exhibitions. Player "capitals" have exhibitions 3/4/5 [only better that previous one here].
If you are really fast you can make exhibition B [3] and exhibition C[3].
And of course you can't make two exhibitions in same city.


Rezza wrote:
Likewise if Player C beats me to Player B and holds a 3 piece show there, I can’t take my 3 piece show to Player B, it has to go somewhere else. Is that correct?


Yes. City B already had 3 exhibitions, it will welcome only 4 or 5 exhibition.
You are not obligate to held a single 3 show, if you don't want or all cities already had them.


Rezza wrote:
Therefore in a 2 player game there can only be a maximum of 2 exhibitions (1 each) and at most artwork will be worth 40 points each when scoring?


Yes. Did you notice that there is no 2 player pre-made scenarios with artshow included?


Rezza wrote:
Another question cropped up during the game, if 3 a piece exhibition has already been held in a players home-tile, can another 3 piece exhibition pass through that home-tile to reach another players home-tile? Or will it just disappear as normal and be wasted?


You can't make exhibition without needed artworks.
Artworks "disappear" in a process of exhibition only.*

*I stand corrected, see next post (edit)


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rezza wrote:
We played our first game with & Cetera last night and just wanted to check the rules for Exhibitions...If I understand correctly, you can only exhibit at each players home-tile once. So if I take a 3 piece exhibit to Player B, I can’t take my 4 (or 5) piece exhibit there, it has to go to a different player. Likewise if Player C beats me to Player B and holds a 3 piece show there, I can’t take my 3 piece show to Player B, it has to go somewhere else. Is that correct?

Yes. Note that you can show 3-piece exhibitions at both player B and C (if no exhibitions have been shown yet).
Rezza wrote:
Therefore in a 2 player game there can only be a maximum of 2 exhibitions (1 each) and at most artwork will be worth 40 points each when scoring?

Yes, each player can show only one exhibition (at the other player's home tile). You cannot show an exhibition at your own home tile.
Rezza wrote:
Another question cropped up during the game, if 3 a piece exhibition has already been held in a players home-tile, can another 3 piece exhibition pass through that home-tile to reach another players home-tile? Or will it just disappear as normal and be wasted?

It will disappear and be wasted.

Jeroen
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.