Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Roads_and_Boats [+] [View All]
Kevin Stone
England
Wokingham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game with & Cetera last night and just wanted to check the rules for Exhibitions...If I understand correctly, you can only exhibit at each players home-tile once. So if I take a 3 piece exhibit to Player B, I can’t take my 4 (or 5) piece exhibit there, it has to go to a different player. Likewise if Player C beats me to Player B and holds a 3 piece show there, I can’t take my 3 piece show to Player B, it has to go somewhere else. Is that correct?

Therefore in a 2 player game there can only be a maximum of 2 exhibitions (1 each) and at most artwork will be worth 40 points each when scoring?

Another question cropped up during the game, if 3 a piece exhibition has already been held in a players home-tile, can another 3 piece exhibition pass through that home-tile to reach another players home-tile? Or will it just disappear as normal and be wasted?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kev,

I'm still unsure myself. I wonder if I can get an answer from Splotter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martins Livens
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rezza wrote:
We played our first game with & Cetera last night and just wanted to check the rules for Exhibitions...If I understand correctly, you can only exhibit at each players home-tile once. So if I take a 3 piece exhibit to Player B, I can’t take my 4 (or 5) piece exhibit there, it has to go to a different player.

Not exactly, you don't have 3/4/5 exhibitions. Player "capitals" have exhibitions 3/4/5 [only better that previous one here].
If you are really fast you can make exhibition B [3] and exhibition C[3].
And of course you can't make two exhibitions in same city.

Rezza wrote:
Likewise if Player C beats me to Player B and holds a 3 piece show there, I can’t take my 3 piece show to Player B, it has to go somewhere else. Is that correct?

Yes. City B already had 3 exhibitions, it will welcome only 4 or 5 exhibition.
You are not obligate to held a single 3 show, if you don't want or all cities already had them.

Rezza wrote:
Therefore in a 2 player game there can only be a maximum of 2 exhibitions (1 each) and at most artwork will be worth 40 points each when scoring?

Yes. Did you notice that there is no 2 player pre-made scenarios with artshow included?

Rezza wrote:
Another question cropped up during the game, if 3 a piece exhibition has already been held in a players home-tile, can another 3 piece exhibition pass through that home-tile to reach another players home-tile? Or will it just disappear as normal and be wasted?

You can't make exhibition without needed artworks.
Artworks "disappear" in a process of exhibition only.*

*I stand corrected, see next post (edit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rezza wrote:
We played our first game with & Cetera last night and just wanted to check the rules for Exhibitions...If I understand correctly, you can only exhibit at each players home-tile once. So if I take a 3 piece exhibit to Player B, I can’t take my 4 (or 5) piece exhibit there, it has to go to a different player. Likewise if Player C beats me to Player B and holds a 3 piece show there, I can’t take my 3 piece show to Player B, it has to go somewhere else. Is that correct?

Yes. Note that you can show 3-piece exhibitions at both player B and C (if no exhibitions have been shown yet).
Rezza wrote:

Yes, each player can show only one exhibition (at the other player's home tile). You cannot show an exhibition at your own home tile.
Rezza wrote:

It will disappear and be wasted.

Jeroen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.