Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Cope
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize that I may be over-analyzing a very light game, but I couldn't help but notice (what I think is) a flaw in the rules.

If you play with the Bull and Bear cards, two players will receive an extra card each round. Therefore, those and only those people are able to achieve a "double-corner" and earn double the points (since you can only ever trade an equal number of cards with another player).

If you play by the rules as written, the game will end when a player earns a pre-designated number of points. This may not give each player the same number of attempts at a "double-corner."

Our group plays a certain number of rounds, that number being evenly divisible by the number of players. So the game will end when everyone has been the dealer the same number of times.

We like this way better, but as always, ymmv.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Weimer
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Variant endgame condition
bfchooch (#8690),

Hmm...

We always play until we get tired of it. Which usually happens pretty uniformly across the board, because once one person is burned out on the game, the sentiment's contagious. So I guess I don't see it as a drawback in the rules so much because I can never recall playing a game of Pit where anybody cared who won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cope
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tenhole (#20591),

Haha, I have a very competitive family!

Happy gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bfchooch (#8690),
My wife also came up with this idea the other night while the family was playing Pit -- so we agree with you! We played that each person gets to deal two times, then we see who has the highest score. Also helps to set a rough time limit on the game. We'll use this from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The real endgame for Pit is the round when two people slap for the bell simultaneously.. and the so-called 'winner' has his hand impaled on the ringer.. oooohh that smarts.. regardless of the number of rounds. The screams of anguish are important to a satisfying conclusion to any good session of Pit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.