Elk Fest» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Elk Fest the warm up before Catacombs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Geller
United States
Agoura Hills
flag msg tools
Elk Fest is a two player game (or 4 player game if you have two sets). that is considered a flicking game.

Object of the game to flick the disk without hitting any moose (tipping them over) and moving the moose from disc to disc to get to the other persons island. The first one to do this wins. Sounds Easy wrong!

Rules pretty straight forward the first player starts and flick one disk than the second player can flick two disk. After the 2-player goes turns from that point on are two flicks. However all three stones must be flick in the first 2 turns. Than after that you can flick ANY stone. So you can take you opponents stone and flick it closer to your moose. Oh can this get evil. If you place you moose on a stone and it falls or you can reach the next stone it's called a "wet moose" and you put it back were it was and your opponent get 3 flicks. If you flick a stone off the table you lose your turn and must place that stone back to the starting position and start again.

2- Moose made of wood or what I call Moose Meeples. There is one Dark Brown and One light stain brown. Two islands and 6 wood flicking disc grey in color.

Not much too the components but they are done very well.

What sounds easy can be hard as you flick and if it's not close enough you either have to waste a turn by getting closer or flick a rock into that rock or hope your opponent doesn't steal your rock. Also beware of the wet moose. Almost every game someone knocks over there moose because they didn't judge the space correctly and it falls. DA WET MOOSE.

I absolutely love this game it's a great warmup for Catacombs. The cutthroat nature of the game is brillant. Stealing rocks, flicking out the best laid plans. Age ranges from 5 year old and up. It plays in 10-20 minutes. Longer if it's a big table and how evil you play. Gotta to say any game my wife will play is an added bonus. When I bring this one out she plays it. I also have seen this played with foul language and drinking. However I don't remember what came first.

Theme- Listen they are Moose Meeples. Maybe they should have called it Moose Island. But the theme is great.

Cost I have seen this as low as $12.95 to about $18.95
Anything under $20.00 it's a sure winner. I even say for heavy gamers they got to laugh when that moose go in the water. (they also get 3 turns) MOOOSEHAHAHAHHAHA

Overall A-
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.