Hide
3 Posts

Carcassonne: Wheel of Fortune» Forums » General

Subject: Replacing All Big Box 3 Base Tiles with WoF Base Tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Saint Ronin
msg tools
Here are the 9 tiles that differ between the base tiles in Big Box 3 and the Wheel of Fortune expansion. The WoF tiles are on the bottom and are marked with the wheel watermark.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not it makes any difference which tiles are used? I have half a mind to replace all of the big box base tiles with the ones in WoF, but I decided to check them all first and found the differences in the 9 tiles pictured. As per the main description these tiles consist of... "6 from Inns & Cathedrals, 1 from Traders & Builders and 2 from King & Scout."

Does anyone know of any reasons for or against swapping them out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would first ask why not use both sets? 9 tiles would not make much of a difference playtime wise and would not leave anything out.

If you set to go with one or the other I would recommend the wheel tiles. They would allow combination that are not possible with the base set tiles. IMO, having multiples of a tile is good but having different tiles is even better. They make the game more interesting and allow for holes that were previously unfillable possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saint Ronin
msg tools
Continued here...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/617322/replacing-all-big-box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.