Napoleon: The Waterloo Campaign, 1815» Forums » General

Subject: 1st and 2nd editions of the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand there are differences between the second and the third editions of the game, as other posts have addressed this issue.

But what about the difference between the 1st Columbia and the 2nd editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mb
Gorgoneion wrote:
I understand there are differences between the second and the third editions of the game, as other posts have addressed this issue.

But what about the difference between the 1st Columbia and the 2nd editions?

A good question I've never been able to find an answer to.

The 1st edition was published by Gamma II Games (later known as Columbia), but the 2nd edition was licenced to Avalon Hill. As far as I know they didn't make any changes, but I've never seen the AH version, on the 1st (GII->Columbia) and 3rd (Columbia).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly.

What difference is there with the COLUMBIA 1st edition and the subsequent 2nd editions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Port Macquarie
NSW
flag msg tools
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorgoneion wrote:
Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly.

What difference is there with the COLUMBIA 1st edition and the subsequent 2nd editions?

the only differences are the box, the map art and the size and shape of the rules.

all changes are cosmetic only - the actual play of the game is the same in the first and second editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.