Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm currently taking the plunge into the game using a cheaper way: 4th edition.

Is there a reference site that lists which codex books go with 4E for each army? I took a cursory look and man, it's confusing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started playing right when 4th Ed came out (Spring 2005) and haven't really played in almost 2 years. From what I remember the codexes don't really go with an "Edition". Obviously when they update a codex they take into account the latest rules. Therefore, I guess to answer your question, just get a codex that is not the most current! I'm guessing some of those (Necrons, Imperial Guard) will be from pre- 4th Edition, since I think the Imperial Guard have only had 1 new codex since 2005 and the Necrons none.

I'm sure you'll get better answers soon, but thought I would give you my quick 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gibson
United Kingdom
St Neots
Cambs
flag msg tools
Only 5 army books have been updated for 5th, and a 6th book (Grey Knights) around the corner. These are Space Marines, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Tyranids and Dark Eldar.
All of the rest of the current army books are from 4th edition.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Category:Codices_and_Rulebooks
has a list of all the 40k publications ever published with a note for which edition they were for. Note the best sorted list though.
note though, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Space Wolves and Daemonhunters did not get a 4th edition codex, they had to make do with 3rd editon ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.