Kachina» Forums » Rules

Subject: If all tiles in a row are mine,can I score? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Li Ming
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rule say that "You cannot score points in a row or column that contains only your Kachina (except on the first play of the game)."

Is that means if I had been played two tiles in a row(for example:K-O),then I played Chief(now is : K-O-C),but I can't get any score?

So every one should remember which tile is who had played?I found it a little difficulty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hastings
United States
Gretna
Nebraska
flag msg tools
A king slime attacks.... You might need a band-aid.
mbmbmbmbmb
iceim wrote:
The rule say that "You cannot score points in a row or column that contains only your Kachina (except on the first play of the game)."

Is that means if I had been played two tiles in a row(for example:K-O),then I played Chief(now is : K-O-C),but I can't get any score?

So every one should remember which tile is who had played?I found it a little difficulty

You do not have to remember who played what - I think the rule you're referring to is just saying that no single tile can be played by itself to a row or column and get points. Say you have an Eagle, a Humming bird, and a Chief that you just played in a single row. You get 3 points for the Chief since he dominates the row, but no points for the column because he cannot be scored "by himself" as being a column. You would need at least two tiles for a column score and at least 2 tiles for a row score (but you can do both as long as you have more than 1 in each direction).

Also, you cannot have K-O- then play a Chief on the end of that row beside the Ogre... Koshari and Ogre are fine side by side, but then you cannot play anything beside an Ogre that isn't another Ogre. You could play an Eagle on top of the Ogre or a tile on another side of the Koshari. Additionally, because an early Ogre can create placement problems like this, that's why no one is supposed to play an Ogre on their first turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renno wrote:

You do not have to remember who played what - I think the rule you're referring to is just saying that no single tile can be played by itself to a row or column and get points.

This is correct. Have fun playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li Ming
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thanks for your reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.