Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kallen McInerney
Australia
Murwillumbah
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Wife picked this up for me in a thrift store, bless her heart.

Anyway it's missing the egg timer and I believe some letters of the alphabet. First question. How long does the timer last? Second. Are all letters of the alphabet used in this game and how many wildcards are there.

Oh lastly how many cards come in the deck?

Thanks
Kallen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Harris
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Re:Question on Missing parts
The timer lasts for 5 minutes.

Each letter of the alphabet should have 1 tile. There are also 3 asterisk tiles, which act as wilds.

We have 56 cards in ours, and I'm pretty sure that's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy also has 56 cards, but it has 30 tiles (26 letters and 4 asteriks). The rules don't really mention anything about parts. This is the 3M version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a copy of this, and it appears to have more then one of many of the letters, 3 asterisks, and no 'Q'. I was wondering if anyone else had one like that. Mine is also the 3m version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
The good news is that if you're missing parts for Facts in Five, just go to another thrift store. They'll have another copy waiting for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce LeCompte
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - 56 cards, a five minute timer, 30 letter tiles (all letters being represented once) and four asterisk tiles, plus the Score pad and Master Score pad and Rules. Found an unused copy at thrift just last week. I've got a scan of the Letters with them still joined if anyone needs it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edosan wrote:
The good news is that if you're missing parts for Facts in Five, just go to another thrift store. They'll have another copy waiting for you.

Five minute timer is easy to come by. It doesn't have to be a sand timer. My watch can be set up for five minutes, but also cooking timers, etc. will work.

Letters are easy to make replacements as chits or cards. Also you may want to leave out the Q and X or make special wild tiles like "Any Other Vowel" or "Any other Consonant" (Meaning Vowels of consonants not also selected for the round--If H, V, W were selected, "Any Other consonant" could not include answers with those 3 letters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
The Back Alley gets no respect.
mbmbmbmbmb
The new University Games edition (2006) features the following letter breakdown:

1 tile only: I, K, O, Q, U, V, X, Y, Z
2 tiles: A, E, F, G, J, L, N, R, T, W, *
3 tiles: B, C, D, H, M, P, S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 1967 3M version has the following letter count:

3ea - B,C,H,P,*
2ea - A,E,F,G,J,L,N,R,T,W
1ea - I,K,O,U,V,X,Y,Z

For a total of 43 letters. There is no chance at all that this set was mixed with another. My parents bought it new and they played it a grand total of one time. I do believe that it is a 1967 first edition, so I am not sure what 3M did between editions to change letter counts or if they just grabbed a random handful of little plastic letter chits and threw them into the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Johnson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Hoarders: BGG Edition
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also: University Games (2006) edition has 72 topic cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marin
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Komodo wrote:
My 1967 3M version has the following letter count:

3ea - B,C,H,P,*
1ea - I,K,O,U,V,X,Y,Z

For a total of 43 letters. There is no chance at all that this set was mixed with another. My parents bought it new and they played it a grand total of one time. I do believe that it is a 1967 first edition, so I am not sure what 3M did between editions to change letter counts or if they just grabbed a random handful of little plastic letter chits and threw them into the box.

You are missing some pieces, notice how you don't have D's, M's, or S's?

I have two copies of the game. One is the one-chit-per-letter kind with 4 wildcards, the other has the following breakdown:

4ea - D,M,S
3ea - B,C,H,P,*
1ea - I,K,O,U,V,X,Y,Z

for a total of 55 letters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kenmeister wrote:
I have two copies of the game. One is the one-chit-per-letter kind with 4 wildcards, the other has the following breakdown:

4ea - D,M,S
3ea - B,C,H,P,*
1ea - I,K,O,U,V,X,Y,Z

for a total of 55 letters.

My 1967 3M copy has 53 letter chits total and does not have the letter Y. My configuration varies from yours as seen below (differences noted in red):

4ea - D,M,S
3ea - B,C,H,*
2ea - A,E,F,J,L,N,P,R,T,W
1ea - G,I,K,O,Q,U,V,X,Z

If seems fair to deduce from this that the full set of letter tiles was 56 and you are missing the Q, and I am missing a P and G in addition to the Y.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1976 AH version.

26 letter tiles (one each) and 4 wilds ("*").
52 Cards + 4 Wild Cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My AH 1976 version also only has 30 tiles
1 of each letter plus 4 *'s...
56 cards as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.