Subject: Multiple columns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cross Haven
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
This game was a childhood favorite when visiting my aunt.

In this variant, as a group, you decide whether you are going to play 2 columns or more (up to an entire pad) at the same time. You may not erase an action from one column space and move it to another. Once graphite is laid, then it is played. For you to receive the multiple yatzhee bonus, you must have all your yatzhees unscratched.

You could possibly make the top in your first column and miss it in your second.

Why play this variant? I find there is more strategy involved in this one. Do you fill up your small straights when all your large straights are still open. How long will you put off all your top sections. Can you afford to place your 5s in 4 of a kind or do you need it in top and forgo ever getting a 4 of the kind.

It is now the only way we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los 28
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The variant you describe here, is somewhat like the official rules to another version of Yahtzee called "Triple Yahtzee." The score pad in Triple Yahtzee has three columns, and the player decides where to place the score for his roll (in any of the three columns).

Check it out on this site ; click this link.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8944/triple-yahtzee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Fikes
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, in Triple Yahtzee, the second column is worth double, and the third is worth triple, adding strategy to the game as you are not only trying to get points, but trying to put the highest scores in the triple column and the lowest scores in the single column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike James
msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't believe i've never tried Triple Yahtzee! It sounds like it might breathe some new life into the game for me. Thanks for the recommendation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.