Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 30.1 of the SW ruleset says that you redraw the war mix counter if you draw a BB that isn't 32t or 68t outside of a small number of areas. What exactly happens when using the IJN expansion and you have this situation? Note that there are two situations here - drawing a restricted tonnage and drawing a non-restricted tonnage from the SW war mix, both of which need clarification.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Answered my own question by investigating CSW. Here's the answer verbatim, with my own "reimaging" to make it clearer...

"30.1 remains in force. Follow this rule first. If you get a 32T, then pull from pile. If you get a 32T, place it; if you don't, then there is no battleship and no replacement is pulled (same a Yamato in IJN 3.7)."

In other words, follow this process when outside of a non-restricted area:

If you draw a 32t BB from the Silent War mix, replace it in the appropriate SW cup, then draw an IJN BB. Keep it if it's a 32t, otherwise replace it and no redraw.

If you draw a *non*-32t BB from the SW mix, replace it and redraw from the SW cup. (I am extrapolating this, the situation was not directly addressed.)

68t BBs are only considered if drawn from the IJN mix and then they follow IJN 3.7. If you draw a 68t in a restricted area from the SW mix, it is returned to the cup and replaced.

I would appreciate official confirmation that this is indeed the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Stevens
Scotland
Kelso
Roxburghshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree this subject is slightly confusing.

Is that 32t ship you pull from the IJN cup a Kongo class BB or not? One can only assume that it is.

A list of which IJN ships belong to which class might be useful.

My t'pence worth.

Neil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman J
United Kingdom
Thurso
Caithness
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think with new IJN rules all special counters like BB or CV are treated as a generic BB or CV. That means ,to Me, if you draw any BB in restricted area you need to replace it with new IJN BB class ship, and now is the moment when restiction comes to play. If new unit is a kongo class 32t BB she is staying on display or if not 32t is removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.