Subject: good stupid fun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt A.
United States
Unspecified
Washington
flag msg tools
Well, let me first say that as my first review, please bear with me.

What stands out in my mind the most when I think of the game of Brewhouse Bash is just great fun, hours on end. You can play this thing a million times and always want to come back for more (if you're one of those people that likes stupid fun like this, not to mention barhouse brawls and crude humor).

The first time I played this game was back in 8th grade with a couple friends who I also happened to play Warhammer (fantasy) with at the time. One of my friends subscibed to the White Dwarf magazine for a while, and he brought this to lunch one day. I can't remember exactly how it went, but after that period, all we wanted to do with out extra time (besides play Warhammer) was get a few good rounds of Brewhouse Bash in. So it's mostly a nostalgic feel that I get when I think of Brewhouse Bash, but I also remember that it kept our (ADD) attentions for a long time, and that's saying a lot.

A session of the game can be finished quickly (easily in 30 minutes or less) but it can also be longer and allows for some complex situations and twists in the gameplay. Needless to say, it's one of those great games that's simple, yet able to be complex, leaving a lot of room for replayability and just great fun.

Any Warhammer fans and casual board gamers should definately try to find this if they can. As for me, I think I'll call up my friend who I haven't seen in a few years and ask if he still has this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwanchai Moriya
United States
Monrovia
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. It is great stupid fun. Works well for a large group gamers and non-gamers who want a fast, aggressive filler. And you can't beat the theme. Just explaining, "..well basically it's a bunch of Orcs in a big 'ol drunken brawl," gets any dude excited. In my opinion, it CANNOT be played with too much thinking and it CANNOT be played with less than 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skarsnik Larsen
Sweden
Farsta
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking players sort of ruins the experience, and tactics should be forbidden! last game we had an orc lurking in the facilities for half the game just running out picking up things to throw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan the man
msg tools
That is uncanny. I had the exact same lunch time experience with my two friends in 6th grade! That is so strange. Awesome game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.