$10.00
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions with official answers from Andrew Meredith:

1) The rules for the "hull breach" terrain say "...slay a Genestealer at this location." What is meant by "location"? Is it the same thing as "position"? I.e. can Genestealers both on the left and the right can be targeted? Or, can they only be targeted if they are on the same *side* of the formation (left or right) as the terrain card?

When the "Hull Breach" is activated, and a "Skull" is rolled, a Genestealer in the group on the Hull Breach is killed. A Genestealer group that is on the opposite side, behind the Space Marine, may not be targeted. Then the player may roll the dice again. This may be repeated so long as the player continues to roll a "Skull" on the die each time.

2) What happens to Adrenal genestealers if a 0 is rolled on defense but the space marine is not slain (e.g. a support token is spent to reroll, or a special ability is invoked). Does the swarm containing the adrenal genestealer attack again? Does it attack the same space marine, or does it shift? (As the icon on the card would suggest.)

[Edit: This answer was errata'ed by Corey see below] If a support token is spent to force the defense die to be rerolled, the original roll, in this case "0," is ignored. For any other reason the attack was not ignored, and the Space Marine survives the attack, the Adrenal Genestealer and the formation it is in shifts and then attacks again.

Andrew Meredith

Edit:
Quote from an email from Corey:
"The formation will only 'shift' if the space marine is killed. In your example, the genestealer would attack again but not move (nor shift). This ruling overrides Andrew's initial ruling."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

Of course, in hindsight would've been much better if the rules in MP1 had used the word "move" for Adrenals, not "shift", which is solely used in the base rules for when a Marine dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still don't get it: the adrenal GS BL, when roll 0, they do what:
1) shift position, meaning they move to the rear of the defending marine
Or
2) shift position, meaning they move up (if on the right) or down (if on the left) a position, and than attack again

I imagine the latter, but the wording is not that clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Feeling a bit blue.
mb
Ikim wrote:
I still don't get it: the adrenal GS BL, when roll 0, they do what:
1) shift position, meaning they move to the rear of the defending marine
Or
2) shift position, meaning they move up (if on the right) or down (if on the left) a position, and than attack again

I imagine the latter, but the wording is not that clear.
What is bolded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bits guy
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Nice.

Of course, in hindsight would've been much better if the rules in MP1 had used the word "move" for Adrenals, not "shift", which is solely used in the base rules for when a Marine dies.

Agreed- even worse, the rules in MP1 say "the formation shifts" - should it say "the swarm moves" for clarity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They move up or down. I suppose they move UP if they are on the right side, and down if they are on the left side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:

Just like it would have made more sense to not use the word "Location" for the hull breach, considering that term is already used by the location cards in the location deck, and marines travel from one location to another when the blip piles are empty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i still have a doubt/question even with the answers above

when the adrenal GS rolls a 0 :
* does that attack kill the Space marines or does the swarm move immediately before killing him (i'm pretty sure it kills the SM) ?

sorry i just understand, in the rules it says "the formation shifts" so that means that the SM is dead, the formation shifts (the GS adrenal does not move in fact) and it attacks the new SM that fills the hole.
am i right this time ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:

sorry i just understand, in the rules it says "the formation shifts" so that means that the SM is dead, the formation shifts (the GS adrenal does not move in fact) and it attacks the new SM that fills the hole.
am i right this time ?

That's correct.

Note that even if the Marine survives after a 0 due to some ability, the formation will not shift but the Adrenal Genestealer's swarm will attack again the same Marine.

I think that the official answer is misinterpreted in this thread. It nowhere does imply that the swarm will "move" on it's own before attacking a second time.
It only says "the formation shifts" because that is likely to happen when a 0 is rolled and the Marine dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.