Bridgetown Races» Forums » General

Subject: Is the age suggestion just bogus? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The age suggestion for Bridgetown Races is 13 and up. It seems a bit overestimated to me. Has anybody played this game with kids that are under 13 years old? Could I play this game with 9 to 12-year-old kids? Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it with an 8 year old. Butt it could be quite complex. depends, how you play it.
it was fun. He won.
But, it is in how you play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Enns
Canada
Herbert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
13 does seem very high. I am sure that it is too high. I know my daughter could have grasped everything here at 9 or 10 with no problem. The game is not that complex other than some areas of badly written rules (which are discussed in questions on the forums here.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe that sometimes age suggestions are not so much about difficulty as about avoiding toy safety testing expenses that can be prohibitive for small publishers. For example,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Product_Safety_Improve...

applies to toys for children aged 12 and under. My guess is that the age listed is a reflection of that fact that the game did not go through such testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.