Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Here are some ideas for Tycoon cards:

* If you are the first person to connect to a city on every board, show this card immediately. Gain 6 points at the end of the game.
* Gain 2 points for each era where you are connected to an urbanized city that is also connected to a warp tile (maximum 8 points).
* Gain 3 points if you are connected to half or fewer boards. Gain 6 points if you are connected to one-third or fewer boards. (Round down)
* Gain 5 points if you have the most warp links. (links from a warp tile to a city hex)
* Gain 1 point for each link into a red city (maximum 2 points per red city, maximum 8 points total)

least bonds x2
most money x2
most cities
most links
biggest train

And like the operations cards:

Make one of these for each era:
* Gain 1 point for each city you are connected to in the Egyptian Era (maximum of 8 points)

I'm tempted to leave the 8 point maximum off. You want to connect to all 10 cities in Ancient Greece? Go for it.

The stone age and Napoleonic age might need modification since there are so few cities on them
* Gain 6 points if you are connected to all cities in the Stone Age.
* Gain 6 points if you are connected to all cities in the Napoleonic Age.
(I just don't like the 5 point tycoon cards, they seem less important to work toward.)

The cool thing about adding these 8 cards to the other 12 is you could deal out three cards to each player at the start and allow them to choose 1 from among all three. I wouldn't include them in a 2 or 3 player game though as it could cause players to segregate themselves away from one another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Complete List:

* If you are the first person to connect to a city on every board, show this card immediately. Gain 6 points at the end of the game.
* Gain 2 points for each era where you are connected to an urbanized city that is also connected to a warp tile (maximum 8 points).
* Gain 5 points if you have the most warp links. (links from a warp tile to a city hex)
* Gain 1 point for each link into a red city (maximum 2 points per red city, maximum 8 points total)
* Gain 7 points if you have the least bonds certificates
* Gain 7 points if you have the most money
* Gain 6 points if you are the player connected to the most cities at the end of the game.
* Gain 6 points if you have the largest railroad (most links)
* Gain 6 points if you have the most upgraded engine (not tied with someone)
* Gain 6 points depending on the number of players: In a 2 or 3 player game if your railroad is in only 1 era. In a 4 or 5 player game if your railroad is in 2 or fewer eras. In a 6 player game if your railroad in 3 or fewer eras.
* [Ancient Greece] Gain 1 point for each city you are connected to in the Ancient Greece Era (maximum of 8 points)
* [Egyptian Era] Gain 1 point for each city you are connected to in the Egyptian Era (maximum of 8 points)
* [Future Era] Gain 1 point for each city you are connected to in the Future Era (maximum of 8 points)
* [Industrial] Gain 1 point for each city you are connected to in the Industrial Era (maximum of 8 points)
* [Medieval] Gain 1 point for each city you are connected to in the Medieval Era (maximum of 8 points)
* [Old West] Gain 1 point for each city you are connected to in the Old Western Era (maximum of 8 points)
* [Naponleonic] Gain 6 points if you are connected to all cities in the Napoleonic Era.
* [Stone Age] Gain 6 points if you are connected to all cities in the Stone Age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like your ideas, now we just need someone to make these cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was whipping these up the other day, if you wanted the time period ones more graphical.

i could do something up for the other

* Gain 6 points if you are the player connected to the most cities at the end of the game.
* Gain 6 points if you have the largest railroad (most links)
* Gain 6 points if you have the most upgraded engine (not tied with someone)
* Gain 6 points depending on the number of players: In a 2 or 3 player game if your railroad is in only 1 era. In a 4 or 5 player game if your railroad is in 2 or fewer eras. In a 6 player game if your railroad in 3 or fewer eras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
abodi wrote:
I was whipping these up the other day, if you wanted the time period ones more graphical.

Did you grab those from the boards themselves? The artworks seems familiar.

I'm hoping someone with better historical knowledge than I would give names to the various tycoon cards before I made "final" cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmucchiello wrote:
I'm hoping someone with better historical knowledge than I would give names to the various tycoon cards before I made "final" cards.

Well, since this expansion isn't exactly historical, one could take some liberties here. It could be actual real world Railroad Tycoons of history I suppose. Or it could be something like Companies instead of Tycoons ... maybe come up with names for Railroad companies that sound like they might have formed around these time-travel rail opportunities in this alternate reality. "Stone Age Exports", "Trans Era Rail", etc. I don't know if it is a particularly useful suggestion but just figured I'd throw it out there. Thought it might contribute to the theme a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
KlydeFrog wrote:
Well, since this expansion isn't exactly historical, one could take some liberties here. It could be actual real world Railroad Tycoons of history I suppose. Or it could be something like Companies instead of Tycoons ... maybe come up with names for Railroad companies that sound like they might have formed around these time-travel rail opportunities in this alternate reality. "Stone Age Exports", "Trans Era Rail", etc. I don't know if it is a particularly useful suggestion but just figured I'd throw it out there. Thought it might contribute to the theme a bit.

Well for the era specific tycoons, I had some amusing ideas: For example, Marcus Antonius for Egypt since it was the Romans of the time who were known for making roads and Mark spent a lot of time in Egypt. For Greece, I was thinking Pheidippides who supposedly ran the first Marathon: certainly he could have used a train.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmucchiello wrote:
abodi wrote:

Did you grab those from the boards themselves? The artworks seems familiar.

3 of these are actual board artwork, Stoneage, Napoleonic, and Medieval.
The rest were to crazy to cut, copy, clone and blend. so i googled some similar images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Bink
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta say, I really like a lot of these ideas for the Baron cards! You guys should post pintable versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mr_bink wrote:
Gotta say, I really like a lot of these ideas for the Baron cards! You guys should post pintable versions.

I want to play the game with them at least once first. Should play this Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_bink wrote:

Adding some Baron cards for those who prefer to play the game with them is a great idea. Some time ago several BGGers cooperated on a project to create an ArtsCow deck for the Railways of Mexico expansion (details here) - it proved so successful that the publisher ended up including these cards in a later reprint. Maybe the same can happen here?

At any rate, I support the idea of developing some Baron cards with a view to making them available through ArtsCow. Just don't rush it - try to get input from other players, and ensure that the game is played numerous times to get a clear sense of what objectives and values would be most balanced and work the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.