Crows» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using the special tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Over on the Opinionated Gamers Blog, Doug Garrett wrote: "If you ever place your shiny object on a tree that has no crows on its illustration, you get a special tile. These allow you on a subsequent turn..." (underlined emphasis mine)

I don't see anything in the rules that says you can’t play your special tile on the turn that you get it.

The order of play says:
1. Play a Board Tile,
2. Play A Shiny Object and Grab A Special Token (if you qualify),
3. Play a Special Token.

So do you have to wait until your next turn to play a special token obtained during this turn? The rules suggest not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No. You can play it immediately. That is why the order if 2. Place the shiny object then 3. play special tiles. You collect the tiles during step 2 and can turn around and play them in Step 3.

The only restriction is only 1 can be played per player per turn. But there is no rule where you have to wait a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April Bowen
United States
Hephzibah
Georgia
flag msg tools
I take it that if player 1 plays a "+2 Graveyards" and player 2 plays "no +2 Graveyards", the last player to play a token is the one who's token is used (and player 1 is just screwed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vegetable Lamb wrote:
I take it that if player 1 plays a "+2 Graveyards" and player 2 plays "no +2 Graveyards", the last player to play a token is the one who's token is used (and player 1 is just screwed).

yes.

But order doesn't matter. One tile is just turning another one into a cemetery where the other one is stripping all the special ability from the cemetery.

But if player 1 placed the No cemeteries first, player 2 would be ill-advised to place the Tombstone tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.