Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Kahlbaum
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the movement cost to enter a blown bridge hex from the adjacent road hex? Is it the road movement rate, even though the unit must then stop in that hex? Or is it the rate associated with the terrain in that hex, as if the road itself was destroyed?

Rule 31.7 seems to support both interpretations, first saying that the hex must be treated as an unbridged river hex, but then acknowledging that the road still runs up to the blown bridge for supply purposes.

Since it is the bridge that was blown, and not the whole 2 miles of road (hex width), my gaming group believes that if a unit enters the blown bridge hex along the road, that the entry is at the road movement rate.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dennis,

Although I don't have a gaming group (you lucky dog!), my personal opinion agrees with yours. And since the rules explicitly state that the road still exists for supply purposes (implying movement of supplies), then it stands to reason that the road would support movement of troops and tanks as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.