United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Columbia's Gettysburg: Badges of Courage
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game:Elk Fest By: Hermann Huber From:KOSMOS On:April 30, 2011.

Game session report Saturday night John and Sharon.

Last night my wife and I decided we wanted to play a couple of game,
I tried to bring something new to the table so we looked in my closet where there were some games that I had bought that we had yet played.
My wife saw a game called Elk Fest and ask what it was all about.
I said, "Oh, it's kind of like paper football,
you flick things with your fingers to move mooses from one side of the river to the other."
She replied, "Huh?" wow So that was one of the games we got down to play.

I opened the box, cleared off the dining room table, and set the two bases about 14 inches or so apart for our first game out.
I gave my wife Sharon the light moose and I took the dark moose.
I tried to explain the rules to her as best I could - whistle
but knowing my propensity of forgetting minor details she grabbed the rule sheet and began reading out loud.
Lo and behold she began to laugh as her light moose was named "Jules" and my dark Moose was named "Ollie."
She also got through the rules quickly and found that I had only made three or or four glaring mistakes.shake
So we started off our moose trek across the river.

You might think two people in their 50s would have a little skill.cry I think my first flick of the stone went two millimeters.blush
Took us a while to get into the hang of it, some of it was non-skill, most of it was laughing and ribbing each other.laugh
I do believe I was the first one to drop my moose into the water.
As I set Ollie back on to his last position I got a chorus of,"Wet moose, wet moose." from my wife.kiss
I saw that they play this for a World Championship at BBC - I think we are ready - NOT! yuk
Maybe that gave Ollie and me the hankering' to skimper across those stones because I began to make better flicks and won the game in short order.meeple
Both of us raved about how much fun the game was and how we thought that or Grandson William would love it.
My wife said we should take him the game when we go to visit in June. Heck NO devil - I'll pick him up another copy because i don't want to give up my mooses.
Ollie - Ollie - in - come first! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
John we do indeed play ELCHFEST at WBC. Last year we had over 60 gamers in the event ranging from 7-70 in age. It's a lot of fun and you get to see just how good some of the players are once you get past the early rounds.

If you are near Lancaster PA the first Tuesday in August stop on in. You and your family will have a great time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Longstreet
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invitation Dan - just might try to make it up there some year - been thru Lancaster a couple of times - Beautiful city!!
- as you could surmise - So. Central PA and Longstreet kind of go together! laugh

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gettysburg is right nearby.

ELCHFEST tuesday night and the tour on Wednesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Longstreet
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok - Will see if the BOSS (Jules' player from above session report) can take vacation that week.

Also thanks for placing the Amazon Ad below your post for the Game (If you Did), I went ahead and ordered another game for my grandson!!!
DUH whistle
I just saw after posting this that the amazon add floats with the thread!!
That's how they catch all us big fish - but I bought it for 14.75
happy with that Price laugh

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.