Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't figure this out for the life of me. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Say in a 4 player game:

Player 1 wins a tile with 1 red star. He then attracts 1 red visitor from the supply, since his is the only red attraction, at this time.

Player 2 then wins the next tile, which also has 1 red star. Am I correct to assume, that since his is the newest tile. He has the most attractive enclosure and would get two red visitors and if so, do they both come from the supply? Leaving the other single one on player 1's one red star enclosure?

Now's where I really get lost.

Player 3 wins the third auction, which again has 1 red star. So now all 3 players have a red enclosure, with a single red star. Again, I take it, that since players 3's was the latest tile played, that he would have the most attractive enclosure, but where the heck do they come from? Player 2 currently has 2 red visitors, with a 1 red star enclosure and player one has 1 red visitor, with a 1 red star enclosure.

Do I take one from each player or do I take the 2 from player 2?

If this sounds confusing. What I am trying to figure out is. How to move the visitors if in the first 3 auctions of the game, that each player has won a tile, with 1 red star.

Any help at all would really be appreciated, as this is driving me crazy. Many thanks in advance and happy gaming my friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but I think that when things are tied that the most "attractive" enclosure the zoo visitors go to is always the newest. So in the three way tie the newest enclosure gets two visitors, the next newest gets one visitor, and the oldest gets none.

Hope this helps! (And I hope I'm remembering correctly).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Adam has it exactly right.

Player 3 has the newest of the tied red attractions, so she gets two red visitors. Player 2 has the second-newest attraction, so he keeps one visitor. Player 1 is left with none.

If an order of operations helps...

You always take visitors from the supply first, while available. When that runs out, take from the player with one visitor. Lastly, take from the player with 2 visitors. That order always holds true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question - had come across this situation as well and decided to handle as the others have described. Our view was just pull one visitor from each "old" zoo to go to the "new" one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. That really helps a lot. I've been having a lot of fun, with this little game and am surprised by the strategy involved in it. It's surely better, than I originally thought it would be.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gameguru wrote:
I've been having a lot of fun, with this little game and am surprised by the strategy involved in it. It's surely better, than I originally thought it would be.

That is exactly how I feel about this game - I bought it on a whim because of the theme and was very pleasantly surprised. I think the only reason it's not more popular is because it is so overshadowed by Zooloretto. I think it is a lot more accessible of a game for new players or non-gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gameguru wrote:
Yes, one from each player, as others have already replied, and you can think it through what that means. The former 2nd place player is now 3rd and gets nothing. The former 1st place player is now 2nd, so keeping one is appropriate. The newest player is tops, and thus earns those 2 visitors that were removed from the other players. Everything nicely aged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
gameguru wrote:
Yes, one from each player, as others have already replied, and you can think it through what that means. The former 2nd place player is now 3rd and gets nothing. The former 1st place player is now 2nd, so keeping one is appropriate. The newest player is tops, and thus earns those 2 visitors that were removed from the other players. Everything nicely aged.

You know now that you explained it. I don't know what I was thinking and why it was so hard for me to figure out and keep track of which enclosures were the newest. This makes perfect sense and makes things much easier. Thanks for the great explanation. I'm looking forward to many more fun plays of this wonderful little game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.