Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Caputo
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to non-payment of royalties for a substantial amount of time, the rights to Kachina have reverted back to me, the creator of the game. I wish Bucephalus Games well in all their future endeavors, but I can't let anyone profit from my games for free. I had hoped to avoid this step. I certainly remain grateful to Bucephalus Games for giving me my break into the board game industry by publishing my first game.

As for now, I will be actively seeking a new publisher for my game, Kachina. I'm hoping the new release could include the Spirit Storm expansion in the box. Thank you to everyone who has supported my game so far. Happy playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry that you weren't getting your royalties but I'm glad you are now in control. I wish you luck in the search for a new publisher. You deserve to have this great game get a new chance (and be compensated). It would be great to finally see Spirit Storm. I think you have a solid game here and any publisher could see the merit in adding this to their repertoire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Martin
United States
Franklinton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! Sorry to hear this Scott! Kachina is a fantastic game and you absolutely deserve to be compensated fairly for its sales. I feel strongly that another publisher will pick up this game soon. Perhaps this is for the best. I can see this as not only a chance for continued distribution but also an opportunity for nicer components and expansion tiles in a new edition. I wish you all luck and please keep us in the loop when you have the news to share. I'll certainly be one of the first to snap up a new copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Downs
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing this out. I am sorry to hear about the misfortune with the publisher, but I am truly hopeful that you can get this game published. I too will be happy to get a copy when (not if) it gets a release from a company deserving of the right to do so.

PS (linen finish)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
casperthegoth wrote:

PS (linen finish)...

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jaynes
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also a big fan of Kachina, It is just a great tile laying game that deserves more recognition than it has thus far received.

I am the proud owner of my own copy, and have also bought another copy as a gift. I am a bit saddened that likely none of that money I have spent ended up in the hands of the designer.

I do earnestly hope a new, and better publisher picks it up. I will happily purchase a whole new version for myself if that where that to happen. And if it were to contain the expansion, so much the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent game. I hope you find a publisher. I would really like to get the expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Downs
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As a long time champion of the game, and a frequent game buyer, I just wanted to let you know that I had an exceptionally good customer service experience with MayDay. Why do I mention this?

They are trying to grow their library, they are open to slightly different games (like Toc Toc Woodman), and they are big time users of kickstarter.

I think this game is awesome, and I really want to see it end up somewhere where the publishers take care of the designer and the clients - and that is the experience I just had with Mayday. So... anyway...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Caputo
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the information. I really appreciate your enthusiasm for my game. I will have good news to share at a later date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the tease/update!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: I don't own this game and probably won't be getting it, so I don't really have a "dog in this race", as it were...

But on the topic of Mayday games, while I have no doubt that they've done right by Nate, you may wish to investigate them a bit more before deciding to pursue them.

Here's a link to their forum here on BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepublisher/9552/mayday-game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.