4 Posts

Panzergruppe Guderian» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on rules for Soviet leaders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ah shang
msg tools
I would like to clarify some rules in the AH version of the game:

a) Do Soviet leaders add to the defensive strength in a hex? For example, if a Soviet leader of rating 5 is stacked with a Soviet infantry of 1-1-6, is the defensive strength of the hex equal to:
- 1 (just the combat unit),
- 5 (just the leader),
- 6 (both leader and infantry) or
- 2 (1 from infantry + 1 from leader)?

b) If two or more Soviet leaders are stacked in the same hex, what is the defensive strength of the hex? For example if a leader with rating 5 is stacked with a leader of rating 2, is the defensive strength of the hex 2 or 5 or 7?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ahshang wrote:

a) Do Soviet leaders add to the defensive strength in a hex? For example, if a Soviet leader of rating 5 is stacked with a Soviet infantry of 1-1-6, is the defensive strength of the hex equal to:
- 5 (just the leader),

I do not have the AH version, but I sure hope the answer is the same. In SPI, Soviet Leaders add their rating for defense ONLY. (10.36)

ahshang wrote:

b) If two or more Soviet leaders are stacked in the same hex, what is the defensive strength of the hex? For example if a leader with rating 5 is stacked with a leader of rating 2, is the defensive strength of the hex 2 or 5 or 7?

Thanks!

Again, no leader advantage for defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Barrows

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmb
lgoldberg wrote:
ahshang wrote:

- 5 (just the leader),

I do not have the AH version, but I sure hope the answer is the same. In SPI, Soviet Leaders add their rating for defense ONLY. (10.36)

ahshang wrote:

Thanks!

You are right that according to rule (10.36) leaders do not add their rating for defense. They only have a defense rating if alone in a hex. But what about the situation described when a hex contains only two leaders and no combat units. I don't think I've ever had that come up, but what would the defense rating be then? Your statement that there is no leader advantage for defense is unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jimbar28 wrote:
lgoldberg wrote:
ahshang wrote:

- 5 (just the leader),

ahshang wrote:

Thanks!

You are right that according to rule (10.36) leaders do not add their rating for defense. They only have a defense rating if alone in a hex. But what about the situation described when a hex contains only two leaders and no combat units. I don't think I've ever had that come up, but what would the defense rating be then? Your statement that there is no leader advantage for defense is unclear.

Okay, I didn't read that second one carefully enough. The only thing I an think of is that if leaders are "on their own", they get to use their defense ratings. So 7. I can't back it up with logic - just a feeling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.