Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am quite sure this is not allowed, but weird interactions has occurred before, so I just wanted to be sure:

Keldon's AI allows me to discard both Imperium Cloaking Technology and Imperium Invasion Fleet when placing a world.

As with pay-for-military powers, once the world is converted from military to non-military, it cannot be converted again, so discarding both ICT and IIF to place a single non-military world as military is illegal, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom did mention that's what happens (non-military worlds get "turned into" military worlds for the purposes of the III phase), although it's possible Keldon didn't get in on that, so he just went strictly with the wording on how these work. Namely (ICT from RvI rulebook page 9)

Quote:
Conquer Non-military World
As an action, the
player may discard
this card from his
tableau to place a non-military
world (O) as a military world (O).
Its defense is equal to its printed cost –2.
Th is cannot be combined with takeover
(*) or pay for military ( O---►O ) powers.

EDIT: Clarified what this "Tom mentions" was
Added (crude) icons via ASCI character set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Conquer Non-military World
As an action, the player may discard this card from his tableau

"as an action" - i forgot about that wording, interesting.

As for the matter at hand, i think anything i say would only serve to confuse matters more. :P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.