Popular Tags: [View All]
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3+ games of this now and not a single trash tile has been used. After the center of the board gets filled, likelihood of them being used seems even smaller. Anyone else notice this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we noticed the same and play without them now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never once seem thenm used yet, and now don't even bother distributing them at the start of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mb
The trash tiles are actually very powerful.

The trash tile doesn't just block crows, but it also gives you a sure-thing. When you place a trash tile, the tile you replaced is put back on the board as if it were just drawn. Meaning you can trash a graveyard in a bad spot, then place that tile somewhere better and put your object on it. We didn't realize this until someone combed the rules carefully!

EDIT: Location of this rule is top right of the second page in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

The trash tile doesn't just block crows, but it also gives you a sure-thing. When you place a trash tile, the tile you replaced is put back on the board as if it were just drawn. Meaning you can trash a graveyard in a bad spot, then place that tile somewhere better and put your object on it. We didn't realize this until someone combed the rules carefully!

Thanks this is a very useful observation. I don't think I would have ever picked up on that myself without someone pointing it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

Yes the trash tile can be a very powerful end game move. I always try to nab an empty graveyard and score big at the end. There are some other good uses for the trash tile, but the graveyard is by far the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I'm glad I ran into this thread. I didn't realize tiles replaced by a trash tile were placed back on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asko Nisula
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw this thread and I will certainly review the trash tile with new eyes for my next game.

So, are you crow attractors using the trash tiles more now since Steve B's tips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.