Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
127 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: ATTENTION: INDUSTRY SOURCES rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: game [+] design [+] production [+] favorite_information [+] interesting(Gdes) [+] industry [+] [View All]
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Recently UPDATED on 03/26/06 - Checkout the last posting!

Hello Everyone,

The following are just a few sources to locate parts, components, printers, licensing publishers and distributors for anyone looking for these things. This is just the short list of companies that I have either dealt with in the past or located, but haven't dealt with personally.

I hope this information helps my fellow game designers.......

GAME COMPONENTS and PIECES:

DICE & GAMES, LIMITED / GERMANY
www.dice.co.uk
Dice, pawns, misc. game parts and promo items

General Box Company
www.generalbox.com
Game Boards, Setup Boxes, Inserts, ect.

MrChips Inc.
www.mrchips.com
Transparent and solid counters, custom counters, pawns, ect.

PRINTERS:

Arjo Wiggins USA
www.awusa.com
Playing cards, Board games, CCG, ect

Carta Mundi USA
www.cartamundiusa.com
Card games, CCG, ect.

Central Plains Book Manufacturing
www.centralplainsbook.com

Dallas Offset Inc.
www.dallasoffset.com
Specializing in print runs of 3000 or more

DeHarts Printing
www.deharts.com
On demand digital printing

C.J. Krebiel Company
www.cjkrebiel.com
Specializing in economical runs 500 to 5000 books

DeLano Service
http://www.delanoservice.com
Domestic Game Printer

Eureka! Printing & Distribution
http://eureka.goldrushgames.com
Specializes in POD printing, book & hobby trade distribution small press publishers

FRV Group
www.frvgroup.com
Complete game manufacturer

Gemaco Playing Card Company
www.gemococards.com
Printer for card games

Portal East
Anthony Valterra
206-713-9710
valterra@portaleast.com
Print and manufactureing for all of your RPG, TCG, cards, board games, and minuture needs.

Thomas-Shore,Inc.
www.tshore.com
Small to medium run printer, binder, book manufacturer 200 to 20,000, casebound and softbound in-house.

Yaquinto Printing Company
Gina R. Williams
800-234-4809
www.yaquinto.com
Board games, accessories, family games, RPG and card games.

SVH Printing Company
http://www.svhgroup.com/who.html
Commercial Printing, including game boards and rule sheets.

Superior POD (New to List - 06/15/14)
www.superiorpod.com
Game Boards, Game Boxes, Game Rules and Sheets, Pawns and Dice, Printed Game Counters, Sand Counters and Blank Playing Cards.

PROTOTYPES AND PRODUCTION:

Wommy Toys LLC
www.wommytoys.com
Marketing, design & prototypes

Good Marketing,Inc.
www.thekidexperts.com
Marketing, production and Prototypes

INSURANCE:

RP Wessel CO.
www.rpwessel.com
Insurance programs, Member of ASTRA

NON-USA Distributors:

999 Games
www.999games.nl
The Netherlands

Lion Rampant Imports
lion@lionrampantimports.com
Canada

Ventura International Pty Ltd.
farago@bigpond.com
Australia

Fantasiapelit
www.fantasiapelit.fi
Finland

Midgaard Distribution AS
Thomas Kirknel
+45-3296-6932
Denmark

El Viejo Tercio SL
quijanotercio@eresmas.net
Spain

Everest Wholesale
Bob@everestwholesale.com
Canada

Hobbygames Ltd
44-190-373-0998
John Maitland
UK

Gargoyle Games Ltd
44-1234-306655
UK

USA Distributors:

Aladdin Distribution
800-377-4627
Ken Storm Jr.
MN

Alliance East
Terry Mahoney, Sales Manager
800-669-4263 ext 1002
MD

Alliance Midwest
Danny O'Neill, Sales Manager
800-444-3552 ext 248
IN

Alliance Southwest
Neil Moore, Sales Manager
800-424-3773 ext 1000
TX

Alliance West
Rod Proctor, Sales Manager
800-366-5456
CA

Black Hawk Hobby Dist
Dan Matheson
877-747-4263
IL

Centurion Hobby Distribution Inc
888-657-1802 (toll Free)
NJ

Gameboard Distributors
Tim Avers
800-914-2597
GA

Hobbies Hawaii Distributors
808-423-0265
www.hobbieshawaii.com
HI

COMPANIES THAT LICENSE GAMES:

Aristoplay
800-643-7738
MI

Decipher Games
800-654-3939
www.decipher.com
VA

Endless Games
201-386-9465
www.endlessgames.com
NJ

Fundex Games
www.fundexgames.com
IN

Gamewright
617-924-6006
www.gamewright.com
MA

Great America Puzzle Factory
203-838-4240
CT

LinguaPlay Games
260-338-0745
John Kaufeld
john@linguaplay.com
IN

Patch Products Inc
800-524-4263
www.patchproducts.com
WI

Steve Jackson Games
512-447-7866
www.sjgames.com
TX

Talicor
800-433-GAME
www.talicor.com

I hope this list of sources will help anyone who can use this information. This is only a small part of the sources that I have collected over the past 20+ years. Way too much to publish on this site.

Attention: To the BGG staff: If this is the wrong forum to publish this information in, then please move it to the correct forum.

Thank you all for helping me in the past month and I hope that this information will help some of you.

Please, spread the word to other BGG'ers that may need the information listed here, so that they may get the help that they need.

Nventit

(UPDATE):

Recently, I started to seek out new venues for budding game designers who have successfully published a game to sell them. To create new markets and reach more people who maybe interested in purchasing these new games.

So, I figured one of the best ways to reach or build a new market is to sell via auctions. I know many millions of sellers use Ebay Auction the biggest and most expensive to use, but there are many others now that is cheaper to sell on than this one. Not saying that sellers should not sell on ebay, but to expand out to other smaller less expensive auctions.

You know ebay was once to a small auction site...one time a long time ago. And, I believe that the smaller auctions available today makes it possible to make sellers more money and assist buyers who are interested in finding bargains much more in their favor.

www.tiptopwebsite.com/freezone

Thank you and drop-by later for a whole new batch of industry sources that I have been working on offline.

New Addition: www.nationalgamesweek.net

(The National Games Week is the brainchild of Matthew Simmons Marketing Group - the publisher of Games Quarterly Catalog and Games Quarterly Magazine). If you really love games, then visit their website to learn more about National Games Week activies happening in your neck of the woods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Parts, Components, Printers, Publishers and Distributors Sources
GAME COMPONENTS and PIECES:

http://www.muecke-hotelberatung.de/shop/

(Germany)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This list is very useful. Thanks!

(...and no amount would be too much to publish on this site. Keep up the good work.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Recently UPDATED on 11/26/05 - Checkout the last posting!

Hello Again Everyone,

I am glad to see that the list that I published earlier has had such a positive effect on some of you, so I am adding a few others that I had not had time to add the first time around.

(Disclaimer): I do not receive any type of payment or profit from these sources. Nor, do I have any affilation with any of these companies other than that my company may or not have worked with or hired some of these companies in our past. We do not receive any payments whatsoever of anykind. I cannot recommend or promise the same results in pricing as I have received in the past due to the quanities of parts and pieces that we purchase.

Always ask any dealer, wholesaler, manufacturer or distributor where do their price breaks start and end. Its part of good negotiations.

GAME and TOY LICENSING AGENTS:

Excel Development Group
Andrew Burton
www.exceld.com
He is widely known throughout the toy and game industry.

NOTE TO ALL INVENTORS: Avoid doing business with those TV Invention Companies. Most are scams that prey on unknowledgable inventors. Do a google search to see just how many of these invention companies are being sued and for what. There's a lot of them being sued. Don't let greed blind you from making good common sense choices. Always checkout any company that you intend to do business with - with the BBB and the Chamber of Commerence in the state in which the company is doing business out of.

OTHER COMPANIES SEEKING INVENTIONS (TOYS, GAMES, ECT):

The Shaper Image
www.sharperimage.com
Go to their contacts or opportunity page link to find Inventor's Info.

WalMart Stores
www.walmart.com
Click on the links locate at the bottom of the home page. Don't remember just what link it is, but Walmart in consently seeking new ideas.

Toys R' US
www.toysrus.com
Go to their contacts and opportunities page for inventor's info.

USEFUL WEBSITES FOR INVENTOR'S AND DESIGNERS:

www.patentcafe.com
More companies seeking products/ideas, plus tons of useful info.

Playthings Magazine
www.playthings.com
Industry Trade Magazine - lots of part and component sources are found in this magazine.

www.toydirectory.com
Not just toys. Excellent resource to use to find or sell what you want.

NOTE: Google type "Inventions Wanted" to find other companies seeking new products of all kinds.

I'll be back with additional information later.

Much of my information is as much about how-to negotiate, network, write business plans, strike deals, negotiate royalties, sell your products, find wholesalers, distributors and retailers, the do's and don't of tradeshows, and much, much more. Currently, writing a book that covers 20+ years of experience doing business in the game and toy industry and other industries as an inventor, writer and designer. Not trying to sell a book here or now.

Thanks to everyone who have added to this list, because your information is deemed valuable to us all.

Thanks to all who have blessed my GeekGold account, but really payment isn't required. All I want to see is that everyone who seeks success - get what you seek. Looking forward to playing your game creations in the future.

Nventit

Recently UPDATED on 11/26/05 - Checkout the last posting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Frederick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I also recommend the lists at:

http://www.bgdf.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links

and

http://spotlightongames.com/list/design.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello Everyone -

I was recently asked "If Hasbro licenses games directly from inventors"?

Although, I have a long relationship with Hasbro as an inventor, I must say that in general Hasbro Games usually will not deal directly with inventors who wish to submit their game ideas/concepts. They prefer to deal with agents who have the understanding of the industry and already understands how the licensing process works. Who have experience with negotiating licensing deals and who have a proven track-record in the industry.

It took me almost 10 years actually manufacturing the games that I design to get Hasbro's attention and later an invite into a very small lot of inventors and/or game designers that Hasbro will deal with directly (without an agent).

In all fairness, it has taken years of actually working in the industry to learn what I know now. I agreed to take all of the risks, put my money where my mouth is and learn the industry from bottom to the top. It takes a whole lot of research, networking and time to fully understand how thing really work in this industry and any industry. We must pay our dues if we're new in the industry and we must always be willing to step-up our game if we are industry vets.

Most mega-game companies like: Hasbro Games, Mattel and MB prefers to deal with agents that they have dealt with in the past. Checkout: Andrew Burton with Excel Development Group at: www.exceld.com , because he will be one of the agents that these game companies will direct you to.

Thanks again.

Nventit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello Again Everyone -

I would like to first of all thank Aldie and Derk for Pinning this thread to their forum. I really believe that this information will help many of us in the BGG Community move our projects forward in the future.

I would like to thank Mike DeSanto (Targetboy) for posting a link to www.enter.net/~mdesanto in another one of my threads. This site is quite interesting and includes a link page with valuable research material for game designers.

The following link which was found at the above site is a valuable resource for RPG Designers and PDF Game Developers: www.rpgnow.com

Nventit (James Nelson)

(EDIT ONCE: To correct spelling error)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Roizen
United States
Los Gatos
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Re: ATTENTION: INDUSTRY SOURCES --- another source
FYI.

I used Paragon Packaging (IL) to do my game as they were able to do the tiles and trays as well as the paper elements. It probably ends up a bit more expensive, but, all in all, I was happy with the result.

I did not see their name mentioned, so I thought I would pass it on.

Peter Roizen
WildWords
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Peter -

I am familar with Paragon Packaging and I will be sure to add them to the list once I collect all of the mailing and web site information.

As for having tiles and such produced there are companies that will do it cheaper, then them. However, you will in most cases have to manufacture 10000 to 25000 pieces to receive any price-breaks.

If you have the website address or mailing address for Paragon Packaging, please by all means include it in your next post.

Thank you for sharing this information with the rest of us.

Nventit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The following infomation is for anyone who is interested in learning about the game and toy industry a bit further.

http://www.toy-tia.org/template.cfm
Toy Manufacturers Association is a member based community for toy and game companies.

http://www.toy-tia.org/
Toy Manufacturers Association website for toy and game inventors.

http://www.astratoy.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1
American Specialty Toy Retailing Association

http://www.thestorefinder.com/fm/library/fmtrade.html
Military and Hobby Game Trade Organizations

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=toy+manufacturers+assoc...
This link on google will take you to pages of information on just about every trade organization there is worldwide.

Nventit (James Nelson)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
On 07/14/05, I spoke to a reporter representing Toy Directory Monthly ( www.tdmonthly.com ) about the BGG website and community. Originally, I was giving an interview on behalf of "GameStar Designs Inc" (My Company) and I soon commented how I really like BGG and what Aldie and Derk has done in developing this online community.

The reporter asked many questions about the BGG, but I referred him to contact Aldie and Derk at the BGG to get the answers that the reporter was looking to answer. He said that he would be visiting the site within days and checking the site out. This would be a real good marketing/PR opportunity for the BGG (Aldie and Derk) since the Toy Directory Monthly is distributed to 24,500 monthly subscribers and 142,500 online readers.

Good work Aldie and Derk.... I hope that the opportunity will serve you well.

James Nelson (Nventit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yvonne Nelson
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I have been reading your forum for a while and thought I will add my "two cents worth".
Some of the people you list as manufacturers/suppliers/printers actually come to me for their game parts or complete game development and manufacturing. I will not name them for obvious reasons, but it is not a secret anymore that most everything is made in China.
You may visit my website for more information www.impexresources.com

Regards,
Yvonne Nelson
(no relation to James;-))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thank you for the information that you have included to this thread. The information should help some companies looking for additional manufacturing options to produce their commercial products in this very competitive market.

Outsourcing manufacturing needs maybe right for some companies and not right for other companies. For example: GameStar Designs Inc (my company) will continue manufacturing our products within the USA, because we believe in encouraging job creation in our own country. Sure we cannot sell as cheap as our competition, but no other companies are selling exactly the same type of games that we are developing. So, for us its a matter of supporting those who have supported us over the years.

Another source to outsourcing manufacturing needs can be located through www.globalsources.com , but using this source will take a few phone calls to varing manufacturers overseas to obtain all of the information that you may need to know. I would suggest that anyone who is interested in outsourcing their manufacturing needs to contact an outsourcing agent that already understands international trade laws and lanuages.

Please, continue to add any information that could be helpful to the game designing coummunity here at the BGG to this thread. Please, try to stay on topic.

James Nelson (Nventit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello Everyone -

Last night I was sitting here surfing the web (doing research) on the topic "Self-Promotion", when I came across a web site that held me at attention for no less than 3 hours. This web site was full of advice and useful tips and tricks on this subject that I booked marked it for later reference. I don't usually bookmark anything.

Why self-promotion? Well, because I am currently developing two new businesses and both are internet based. Due to this fact it is very important that I can discover or innovate new marketing solutions to promote them after they go Live.

Traditionally, nearly every internet based business promotes their web sites using the same methods for example:

Per-click programs
Banner ads
CTS - Click through sales programs
Newsletters and E-zines
TV ads
Newspaper ads
Radio ads
Magazine ads

Surely, I will also be using some of the methods listed above, but so not to be overlooked in the clutter of ads swarming about - I am researching untapped resources of self-promotion. The techniques that I learn to work and not to work will be added in this thread for others who are interested to try themselves.

Granted, out of the 2 internet based business that I am currently planning - only 1 of them is focused on games and such. The other business is really an extension of my marketing company and is mostly focused on promoting existing and new business clients located within the greater Midsouth Market. The internet based business that will focus on games and such - is mostly an exercise (test-market) for improving distribution of games independant companies would produce.

For the better part of 10 years GameStar Designs Inc (my first company) has been struggling in the cat and mouse race of producing, promoting, selling, marketing and advertising for and to the national retail markets. Consently, facing the realities of competing against the MegaCorps that virtually controls the game markets around the world. Big retailers will chose to do business with Hasbro's of the world rather than take a gamble on an independant game producer.

The reality check is that unless independant game producers discover a new innovative approach to distribute their creations (bypassing retailers, distributors, ect) - the current system will eat them alive. Less profits... Less production..... Small markets!

Before, I discovered Boardgamegeek I had always believed the same way that the Hasbro's of the world has thought about how business should be pursued. Make a game. Sell the game. Make another game and repeat. True there are many other steps to the process, but for now I want to focus on just the two areas that we must accomplish to survive in this industry. For me, my ideas have changed in one or more areas.

After spending some quality time in the BGG Community and interacting with other members (actual gamers) I have realized some very important ideas that otherwise would have not ever occured to me. Wrapped up in the commercial brainwashing that lead me in the first place to get into this business and shakened back to my senses here at this unexpecting place some 10 years later. I now understand what has been missing in my personal quest to obtain the brass-ring.

The one factor that most MegaCorp hardly ever consider or more importantly don't ever get to know is (the Drum-roll please): The gamers or consumers. I mean not on a personal level. Most companies rely on statical numbers gained from polls, surveys, purchasing patterns, ant other non-personal methods. Hardly any companies find or have the time to develop real relationships with the gamers or public that purchases their products.

Think for a minute about where you currently shop for your games. Small independent shops not only sells a larger selection of games, but many will even hold game nights, tournaments, and other events that is geared personally to their customers. While on the other hand, retailers like Walmart and Target may have the power of price on their side - you'll be hard pressed to find places like these holding personal events geared at you the gamer/customer. Two different approaches with two different outcomes.

Serious gamers will shop their local independent game shop 90% of the time, because of the feel that is gotten by the personal relationship that these places build upon. The other 10% of the shopping is had at MegaStores when price is the overriding factor. The average consumer that purchases games and such will almost always chose to shop at places where price is lower than go out of their way to shop where relationships are built upon.

I guess what I figured out the most - is that in order to truly succeed in this business or any other for that matter is to build one focused on developing and maintaining personal, friendly relationships with the communities that chose to support your business rather than fleeing over to the faceless MegaCorps of the world. When this is successfully accomplished, then both you and your customers both realize that they are dealing with a real person on a real level.

If anyone is interest in visiting the web site that I had found last night regarding "Self-Promoting", then here it is: www.selfpromotions.com

As independent game producers we must start relying on the experiences of others to find an edge to compete with our MegaCorp counterparts.

James Nelson (Nventit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yvonne Nelson
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
One note about globalsources.com - it is a vast database of manufacturers from all over the world, but mainly from Southeast Asia. They will help you make initial contact (forward your message to the factory of your choice), but that's all. I am in their database and get daily emails with offers from China and invitations to various trade shows.
I have just returned from a Summer Sourcing Show in Hong Kong that is partially sponsored by Global Sources. The opportunities are enormous, but you still need to know how to choose the right factory for your product. This is the main reason I travel to China several times a year to inspect the factories.
I am not trying to convince anyone to manufacture overseas - it is entirely your decision. I do support job creation in the US - after all I am incorporated and pay US taxes;-))
However, should you have any questions regarding offshore manufacturing, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will explain everything in detail.

By the way - I find that www.hkenterprise.com is a much better site for outsourcing.....

Regards,
Yvonne Nelson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello Everyone -

Due to the outstanding success of this thread I will be adding fresh new information in regards to suppliers, production manufacturers, and new game opportunities "licensing opportunties" sometime later next week.

I have just a few more phone calls to make to game companies as I am inquiring about their current licensing needs. I am looking forward to being able to share this information with the BGG community.

Weather you are planning on manufacturing within the USA or outsourcing your manufacturing this thread will be the place to visit often for updates will be refreshed as soon as the information has been verified.

If you are currently developing new games or are just looking for game components for your personal use, then you have come to the right place to find them. If you know of any place to find these items and don't see the listing on this thread, then please add your game component source to this thread.

Thank you all for your time and good gaming.

Nventit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Company________Price________Quality_______Delivery Time

Carta Mundi - Great - As good as what your company provides them to produce - 30 days delivered depending on the time of year the order was placed.

Mr.Chips - Outstanding - Very good - 30 days delivered. Final price depends on the quanity ordered / priced per thousand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello Everyone -

As I have promised here are some new Industry Source Information that I hope will help those of you who inspire to become successful in the game industry.

(Note: Visit the websites of the companies that are of interest to you in order to learn more about their services.)

FREELANCERS (ARTISTS, GAME DESIGNERS, PACKAGE DESIGN AND PROGRAMMERS)

The following link will lead you to an additional BGG thread that I started to enable BGG members the opportunity to announce their skills to the BGG Game Design Community. If you are a game designer that is in need of one of the above skills, then checkout this thread and give a fellow BGG member the opportunity to work with you.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/706737#706737

Game Components and Pieces:

Mega Marbles
3843 North Cypress Drive
Wichita, KS 67226
800-846-4228
custserv@megamarbles.com
www.megamarbles.com
Marbles, marble games, pouches, collector tins and boxes

Printers:

Annboli Pacific
Jennifer Lawyer
4380 Clubhouse Drive
Somis, CA 93066
805-983-1664
Fax: 805-983-3662
zhenzhen@aol.com
Full Service including cards, boxed games, ect.

Bang Printing
Kay Brausen
3323 Oak Street
Brainerd, MN 56401
800-328-0450
Fax: 218-829-7145
Kayb@bangprinting.com

Bookmart Press, Inc.
2001 42nd Street
North Bergen, NJ 07047
201-864-1887
Fax: 201-864-7559

Chaparral Graphics Group, Inc.
Bill Loper
921 East 66th Street
Lubbock, TX 79404-5505
806-754-9292
Fax: 806-754-6675
Book Printing

Colortone
3750 Noakes Street
Los Angeles, CA 90023
323-261-0231
Fax: 323-261-2453
Game Printer

Delta Printing Solutions
Steve Kaufman
28210 N. Avenue Stanford
Valencia, CA 91355
800-323-3582
Fax: 661-257-3867
s.kaufman@deltaprintingsolutions.com

Hobgoblynn Press, Inc.
4739 University Way NE # 1604
Seattle, WA 98105
206-240-4163
Fax: 206-524-0988
hobgoblynn618@aol.com
Printer in China.

KNL, Inc.
1261 South State College Parkway
Anaheim, CA 92806
714-956-7300
Fax: 714-635-1744
kni@kniinc.com
www.kniinc.com

McNaughton & Gunn, Inc.
Ronald A. Mazzola
P.O. Box 10
Saline, MI 48176
734-429-8712
Fax: 734-429-4033

NetPub Corporation
John Dickson
2 Neptune Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
908-928-0523
Fax: 845-463-0018
jdickson@netpub.net
www.netpub.net
On-Demand Digital Printer

Patterson Printing
Linda Seaman - Sales
1550 Territorial Road
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
269-925-2177
Fax: 269-925-6057
sales@patterson-printing.com
www.patterson-printing.com
Traditional printer used by game companies

Quebecor Printing
Patrick Jordon
8000 Blaise Pascal Avenue
Montreal QB H1E2S7
Canada
514-494-5443
Fax: 514-648-9450
patrick@lebonfon.com
Book, periodcals and card printing

Rapid POD, Inc.
Ken Whitman
1715 By-Pass Rd, Unit B
Branenburg, KY 40108
270-422-7797
Fax: 270-422-7737
ken@rapidPOD.com
www.rapidpod.com
Print on-depand

Transcontinental Printing
Daniel Gallina
395 Lebeau Blvd.
St-Lauent QB 84N 1S2 Canada
800-361-3599
Fax: 514-339-2253
gallinad@transcontininental.ca
www.transcontininental-printing.com
Traditional printer used by game companies

TWP America, Inc.
Wesley Knitter
2550 Ninth Street, Suite 111
Berkeley, CA 94710
510-845-9532
Fax: 510-845-8580
wknitter@twpamerica.com
Printing company in Singapore

Walsworth Publishing Company
306 North Kansas Avenue
Marceline, MO 64658-2105
660-258-7798
www.walsworthprinting.com

Whitehall Printing Company
4244 Corporate Square
Naples, FL 34104-4753
800-321-9290
Fax: 941-643-6439
info@whitehallprinting.com
www.whitehallprinting.com

SALES and MARKETING/FULFILLMENT

Antioch Marketing Services Ltd.
Ross Jepson
Box 361
Irricana, AB
T0M 1B0
403-935-7735
Fax: 403-935-7737
ross@publisherservicesinc.com

Elfin Enterprises
Schar Niebling
P.O. Box 1023
Ann Harbor, MI 48103
734-995-4540
Fax: 734-995-0660
International Only.

Impressions Advertising & Marketing
Aldo Ghiozzi
704 Thomsons Drive
Brentwood, CA 94513
925-240-0862
Fax: 240-220-8780
aldo@inpressionsadv.net
www.impressionsadv.net

Sacred Cheese Productions
Phil Lacefield
3907 Grand Avenue
Middletown, OH 45044
513-423-9299
Fax: 513-423-9925
phil@sacredcheese.com
www.sacredcheese.com

LEGAL AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES

Lewis Law Offices, PLLC
Brain E. Lewis
6410 140th Avenue NE
Redmond, WA 98052
206-910-6574
lawman@gamebiz.org
Expert in the game industry, all aspects.

Gardner Carton & Douglas
Lisa Thomas
191 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 3700
Chicago, IL 60606
312-569-1474
Fax: 312-569-3474
lthomas@gcd.com
www.gcd.com
Legal Services

Clifton Gunderson, LLC
350 Interlocken Blvd. Suite 350
Broomfield, CO 80020
303-466-8822
Fax: 303-466-9797
Certified Public Accounting, Nationwide Offices

FEIGHT FORWARDING INCLUDING IMPORT/EXPORT

Dachser Transport of America
Steven Enger
1555 Mittle Blvd., Suite D
Wood Dale, IL 60191
630-521-0100
Fax: 630-521-0101
steven.enger@dachserusa.com

THIS CONCLUDES THE UPDATE FOR NOW - I WILL BE ADDING OTHER SOURCES AT A LATER TIME. Please, tell your geek buddies that this list has been updated - Thanks.

If you need a break from the daily grind, then visit my website:

www.tiptopwebsite.com/masterlynx

There's nothing for sell on my site, but there are some of my favorite places to visit while on the web. I update my site pretty regularly, so visit often to see what's new.

Thanks for dropping in and I hope that this information will help as you work to see your games a reality.

Have a Happy Holiday Season and Merry Christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey Grayson
United States
Seaside
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great list, James. I was hoping you'd update this again. I'll make sure to share it with my designing buddies. I appreciate your providing feedback on the two companies you have used in the past. Both (Carte Mundi & Mr. Chips) have been recommended to me in the past by other designers.

Might I also recommend another company not on your list:

Rolco, Inc.
507-931-4525
946 East Hill St.
Kasota, MN 56050-0008
www.rolcogames.com

They carry all kinds of plastic components including chips, pawns, dice, and can make custom parts. I found they had the best price, beating out Mr. Chips on some custom designs I was needing.

Carey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello Everyone -

I am currently preparing to Update this thread again later this week or weekend.

The new information will address sources that manufacture and sell wooden game tokens, blocks and other wooden objects that could be applied to your game design.

In addition, information regarding game agents, prototype expos/tradeshows and design contests.

Thank you all so much for your continuing interest in this thread and to each BGG Member who has recommended this thread to others.

I truly hope that the information provided here will be helpful to my follow game designers and I wish everyone the best success with your game designs.

Please, feel free to add to this thread if you know of places that game designers can find materials, supplies, opportunities or anything that can help the BGG Community in general.

This is a Game Distributor that a fellow BGG Member operates, so checkout his website.

Type: www.funatical.com.au
Talk: (61) 7 3205 7336 Fax: (61) 7 3205 8252
Office: Unit 24, 193 South Pine Road
Brendale Business Park,
Brendale, Qld, Australia 4500

Sincerely and God Bless -

James (nventit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great to find out where one can actually find true Meeples from Carcassonne. There are meeple-like products out there, but so far I haven't seen anyone selling the actual ones that come in the Carcassonne game. At the very least it would be nice to hear from an industry source that they are copyrighted and only Hans im Glück has control over their production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Neil -

Have you tried to contact the company that originally produced the Meeples. They would be best able to answer this question positively.

Some companies are now selling spare game pieces and components usually from the websites. Many of the larger companies are even promoting additional game rules (PDF FORM) on their websites.

Personally, I would try contacting them via email first and if I really wanted to know the answer sooner, then I would contact their customer service department by phone.

I hope this helps......

James (nventit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Printer overseas needed. Help me.

I have scoured the list above and most if not all of the printers for card/board games are located in the US.

The only overseas printer I had success with is Carta Mundi Belgium and a printer in India but all signs indicate that I should avoid them at all costs (even though they are the cheapest of the lot).

Does anyone have any 'direct' contact with printers overseas? I know that alot of quality stuff is coming from China. The problem is, no one can tell me which printer they use!

I know some go through an agent (who takes a cut of course) but I'd like to go direct to the printers as I'm in Australia and it doesn't make sense to go through an agent in the US.

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Shawn -

I personally do not manufacturer anything in China mostly because I would prefer to support the American workforce. Even though some savings could be reached with China - it troubles me to think that my dollars could be used to help the country to continue to build up their military and further suppress their people. I realize that my company could save a few cents over there, but for me its not enough savings to turn my back on the American workforce.

American companies have been outsourcing American jobs at an alarming rate over the last 10 years. Those jobs that cannot be outsourced are being filled with cheap labor coming from Mexico. This is driving down the working wage across the country and making it harder for the average working family in America to support a family, pay bills and to live the so-called American dream.

As a company owner it is my responsibility to support those who have supported my company. To put people over profits, so that we all can achieve our goals. To live the American dream is not worth a dang if it means supporting a corporate trend of outsourcing and further supressing the working wage of hard working Americans.

You can see that I am strongly against outsourcing jobs to the lowest bidder overseas, because supporting this outsourcing policy will continue to cause great harm to the living wages in America. This is true for any country that has fair living wages. If not stopped soon there will not be any jobs left that would allow the average worker the ability to support his/her family on a 40 hour pay check.

Although, blame isn't solely the corporate community's fault. The consumer must take some of the blame too. We all want to save money on the products that we purchase and demanding lower prices on the things that we buy causes businesses to outsource jobs in order to meet the demands of the consumers. In some cases, its only an excuse to seek a cheaper workforce and does nothing to drive down the retail cost of the products that these companies will ultimately sell to the consumers.

The automotive industry is the perfect example of exporting jobs overseas for a cheaper workforce and then sell their products here in America for an average 20% more than the same product costs the year before.

Outsourcing is very bad for the average workforce of any country. It drives down living wages, increases the cost of health insurance plans and decreases the overall wealth of a nation. Plus, many of the nations that are unfriendly to the rest of the world and to their own people are being rewarded for their actions. So why, continue doing business with nations and countries that threaten the way of life that took so long to obtain through hardwork, dedication and 2 World Wars.

The way that I see it - America and many other nations will go down as the nations that were defeated without a single shot being fired, but through the efforts of their own cravings for cheaper products, higher stock prices (which are over valued in many cases) and their willingness to turn a blind-eye to what outsourcing really means in terms of the average citizen who had helped build these companies.

To answer your question - you can contact Tim Ransom (The Ransom Group) in Lakeland, TN via the web: www.ransomgroup.com to get help with what you seek. Tim is a personal friend and he has many contacts overseas that he may be able to point you to. You can drop my name if you wish, just to break the ice.

James (nventit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fooden
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ejamer wrote:
Prototype Components

Some game parts are available here (including wooden cubes, blank boards, boxes, sand timers, blank dice, and cards). No affiliation, but thought that it might be worth posting.

http://protoparts.bgdf.com

I've ordered from Protoparts before, and found them to reliable.

my 2¢...
~ Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.