Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laser Wolf
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd edition seems to be the one that collectors really go for. If you're a total Talisman fanatic, maybe 1st edition would be worth getting your hands on, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Andy Palacio: The Garifuna Collective || Corey Harris & Henry Butler: Vu-Du Menz || Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings: Naturally || Amy Winehouse: Back to Black
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I owned 1st edition Talisman, then bought 2nd edition soon afterwards. They didn't really differ other than in quality of components - cards in 2nd edition were in color. As I remember it, the original Talisman: the Adventure came out about the same time as 2nd edition Talisman, and matched it. In other words, I'm not convinced there is such a thing as a Talisman: The Adventure set that matched 1st edition rather than 2nd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Andy Palacio: The Garifuna Collective || Corey Harris & Henry Butler: Vu-Du Menz || Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings: Naturally || Amy Winehouse: Back to Black
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I just checked and it looks like I remembered correctly. My Talisman 2nd edition is 1985, and Talisman: The Adventure didn't come out until 1986. An original Talisman: The Adventure matched the 2nd edition Talisman game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which makes all copies of Talisman: The Adventure first editions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orgon wrote:
for fun? as a collector?
~O

Yes to both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.