Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huzonfirst
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
The women's national team pulls off a stunning victory at the World Cup! U-S-A!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The source is a song from the late sixties rock musical "Hair". The song is "Aquarius" and its lyrics went, "This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius". It referred to the hippie/free love/anti-war movement of the sixties. "Age of Aquarius" is an astrological term, meaning "age of love". The song was a huge hit, making the term Age of Aquarius somewhat synonymous with the late sixties.

That period was also known for its psychodelic imagery, like that used in the game Aquarius. The Looney's are kind of hippie-like in their beliefs, so I'm sure that had an effect on the title. But mostly, I think it refers to the game's graphics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finhisky
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Huzonfirst

I think you are right

cause on Looney's offical website
there is a review and it's title is also Age of Aquarius

it seems that Andrew Looney has blog or facebook
maybe I should ask him directly ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
finhisky wrote:
it seems that Andrew Looney has blog or facebook
maybe I should ask him directly ^^

Andy also has an account here, and he occasionally posts in the forums. You might also try the Looney Labs Fan Club site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.