Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When exactly did GW make terminators all plastic? I was just wondering as I tried recently to order from a local shop just one of certain types of terminators (the metal ones that come in blister packs) and was told that the only way to get certain terminators anymore (and only in plastic) was to purchase a whole squad of five in a box - which wasn't quite what I was looking for.

I see on the store shelves that there are still some 40K metal minis, and still sold as singles too, so why are the Terminators different? What's changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to special order the original metal ones from GW if you know the old part numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Baldowski
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GW has been on a steady and inexorable transition to plastic, and with the introduction of Finecast resin miniatures maybe we will see metal disappear altogether.

I must admit, however, that the heft of a metal Terminator is a thing of beauty. Real potential to hurt someone at the gaming table if you have a strop over the pulverising of your squad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lloyd
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GW started releasing plastic terminators a few years ago, so this is nothing new. But GW also completely shut down the parts ordering system (which most hobbyists loved) before that.

Which terminators are you after? There are lots of metal ones on ebay, as many people prefer the newer plastics. They are easier to convert and generally have crisper detail.

L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.