Hide
8 Posts

Dixit Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Separating Parts 1 and 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Schmidt
msg tools
I've quite enjoyed playing Dixit with friends who own it, and have been looking at acquiring Dixit 2 myself, since it seems quite capable to operate as an isolated game. I was just wondering if there is any way to separate the cards from Dixit 1 from those in Dixit 2. Namely because if the decks were mixed, Dixit 1 cards would belong to my friend, and the Dixit 2 cards to me, and we'd ideally want to separate them out after play so they go home with the right person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mb
There is no marking that distinguishes them. You'd have to have a very good memory to sort them back out perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could put a small black dot on each card with a marker if you don't mind doing that sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a picture in the Dixit Dixit2 gallery that has the 2x84 cards, the upper half belong to Dixit and the lower half to Dixit2 (I think!). I printed it in case one day I wanted to split the decks, but I have never done...

EDIT: the picture...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Hananto
Indonesia
Tangerang
Banten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and soon you'll also have Dixit Odyssey to worry about....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kovar
Czech Republic
Prague 6
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards not on the picture are from Odysey :o).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Myers
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a used copy of Dixit. It turns out, I actually bought Dixit and Dixit 2. My only real hint at having cards that are not just Dixit, was when I looked into buying Dixit 2 and recognized some of the cards shown on the back of the box. I looked into it, counted cards and stuff, and to my surprise, I had bought both. There is really no way to tell at all which are which, and I had no special clue that I had bought both of them together (not really expecting it, I hadn't considered that I had too many cards).

(This whole thing was a A total win fFor me, of course!)

Anyway, the point is, I think your only option would be a black dot or something on each card. There is no indication which is which.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlita Bo
msg tools
Now Dixit Adventure is on air... so the 4th one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.