Hide
4 Posts

Carcassonne: Wheel of Fortune» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wheel of Fortune - Tax rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jen B
msg tools
Can someone please help me understand the scoring for this?
- If I have one knight and one shield, I get two points - one for each?
- If I have two knights and one shield, I get six points - three for each knight?
Thanks!
Jen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwommy the Purple
United States
Portland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eubankjd wrote:
Can someone please help me understand the scoring for this?
- If I have one knight and one shield, I get two points - one for each?
- If I have two knights and one shield, I get six points - three for each knight?
Thanks!
Jen

That is correct assuming that both knights are in the same city. Each knight is worth points equal to the number of pennants plus the number of knights (including itself) within its own city. So in your second scenerio, you'd multiply 2 (number of knights) times 3 (number of knights + pennants) for a total of 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gumby
Australia
Taree
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it just me or could the rules have explained this clearer. It took me forever to work out what it meant. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christensen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Your answer left me wondering and I checked the rules again. The rules contradict themselves.

The text of the rules indicate that under the 'Tax' in the wheel, the pennants earn 1 point each and the knights in the city earn one point each. The rules say NOTHING about multiplying them. However, the diagram does indicate you multiply.

In the base rules, you don't get a multiplier so why would the Tax get a multiplier? I'm sticking with no multiplier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.