Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi-
I am in the middle of a trade for my XBOX360 & Wii plus extras for a bunch of 40K stuff.I do not know the value of this list.So I am posting here in hopes that someone who is into 40K will take a look at it and give me a rough trade value.Also, will this be enough to play a wide variety of scenarios?
Thanks for anyones reply.

Here'e the list he sent me:

Imperal Guard

9 special weapon
3 comm links
2 Psykers
8 commissars
13 catachan jungle fighters
4 warriors of valhalla
13 cadian shock troops
14 storm troopers
5 lascannon h.w. teams
5 auto cannon hw teams
9 heavy bolter hw teams
4 missile launcher hw teams
3 mortar hw teams
5 rough riders
5 ratling snipers
1 yarrick
3 leman russ tanks
2 griffons
2 chimeras
4 hellhounds

Eldar

1 avatar
6 exarchs
4 warlocks
47 guardians
8 dire avengers `
7 dark reapers
9 swooping hawks
11 howling banshees
5 striking scorpions
17 warp spiders
12 harlequins
2 dreadnoughts
6 Weapons platforms
2 las cannon
2 heavy plasma guns
2 scatter lasers
6 phoenix lords
karandras
fuegan
2 maugan-ra
jain-zar
baharroth
1 eldrad ulthran

Space marines

17 space marines characters
58 space marines
4 space marines w/ jumppacks
10 terminators
13 scouts
19 heavy weapons
3 tarantula's
3 space marine bikes
1 razorback
2 predator
2 rhino
2 land speeder
1 whirlwind

Tyranid

1 lictor
41 termagants
5 hormagaunt
1 carnifex
6 gargoyles
4 biovores
6 sporemines
4 hive tyrant
6 genestealer hybrids
1 exocrine
1 zoanthrope
5 warriors
33 genestealers
13 hormagaunts

chaos

5 characters
8 terminators
5 spacemarines w/wings
9 heavy weapon
29 space marines
26 spacemarines not assembled
10 deamons
2 bikes
1 large winged deamon
1 chaos cauldron of blood

dark eldar

2 lords
1 urien rakarth
1 beast master
1 drazhar
1 lelith hesperax
10 mandrakes
10 wyches
5 warpbeasts
60 warriors some with hw
1 jetbike
5 scourges
1 ravager
1 talos
2 haemonculus

Includes all codex plus other books and charts cases for all , will also throw in terrain store bought and custom made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you looking to play tournaments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played but it look's like fun. The LGS nearby has a pretty big crowd that play's weekly. I have lost interest in video games(besides, I also have a PS3 that I am going to keep), so I figured if it was a good trade dollar wise, I might as well make it for something that I would play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berryhill
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a massive collection. I would get it. It would be perfect for endless battles between you and your buddy.

If you want the latest models, I would buy only new models from the GW store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think the value is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schmidt
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur. 6 full armies... I think you're getting a good deal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
FCSchmidt wrote:
I concur. 6 full armies... I think you're getting a good deal!

We have no idea how many games he's including in his trade.

Its hard to say. How old are the models? Many may not be available in the current edition. If you're looking for tourny play, some may not be usable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schmidt
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GW Sanctioned tournaments will allow any age GW model as long as it is WYSIWYG.

It's tough to tell what the value of the models listed are... it depends on their condition and whether they are metal or plastic, what edition, etc. But to give you an idea, I would estimate JUST the Imperial Guard models as somewhere between $700 - $800+ MSRP. Trade value would vary... probably half to 3/4 MSRP. And that's just for 1/6th of a trade. That's why I think it's a good deal... though, yes, I don't know exactly what you're putting up for it... you didn't mention how many games you are including with the XBOX.

edit: Oops, I missed that you are also including a Wii. I still think it's a good deal... but I'm a 40k fan and not into video games much, so I'm biased

Edit: Also, looking at the list a little more closely, there are a couple models included that do not have rules in the current edition... those being the tarantulas and the exocrine. (I apologize, Paul!) I wouldn't let that deter you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wont be playing any tournaments,I think.
I'm am trading the 360 with about 10 older games, including Rockband drums and guitar. Most of the games I picked up at garage sales, so no huge investment there. Also trading a Wii with everything that came with it and mario cart.No extra games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade. Your computer games will only become more and more obsolete, while GW will continue to raise prices higher and higher.

If you're still not interested and he doesn't mind paying shipping and wants the complete set of Sims 2 and a few computers, lemme know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would take the deal in a heartbeat! You can always go to Games Workshop website and look up the names and you'll get prices. I haven't played for about a year or two, but looking at the Space Marines, you are well over $500 Retail.

Are his figures built and painted? That adds value to me since I just like playing and hate the modeling and painting part of the hobby (in fact right now I'm paying my 10 year old 50 cents per figure to paint some of my extra figures :-)

Examples off the top of my head:
5 Terminators $55
Rhino, Whirlwind, Predator at least $30 each
10 Space Marines $30
Characters can be $8 each depending on which ones
Snipers used to be 2 for $12, now I think 5 for $25

My guess is that the retail value is a couple thousand dollars easily which is way more than a xBox 360 & Wii.

Good luck in whatever you decide, but if you decide against doing it, send the "seller" my name :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade!!!!,

Play some games with your new soldiers, then keep the armies you like and trade the other stuff to complete those armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

UPDATE-
Ok, we both agreed to the trade. Here's what he get's-

XBOX 360 ( 80G I think)
1 controller
1 DVD remote
! Rockband wireless Guitar
Rockband Drums'
Corded Guitar Hero Guitar controller
HD avi cord
GAMES:
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty World at war
Rockband
Rockband 2
G.H 2
G.H 3
G.H Wariors of Rock
AC/DC track Pack( Rock Band)
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Gear's of War 2

Wii-
4 controllers
2 nunchucks
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Mario World 8

He' also throwing in carrying cases, ALL Codex for above armies, some GW & hombrew terrain and 2nd edition rules. I'm getting excited!
Still don't know if they are painted or not, but I think that someone who has all this would have painted at least some of it. The swap is set for Wednesday. I'll keep you updated and try to take some pic's of the haul and post here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raenman wrote:

UPDATE-
Ok, we both agreed to the trade. Here's what he get's-

XBOX 360 ( 80G I think)
1 controller
1 DVD remote
! Rockband wireless Guitar
Rockband Drums'
Corded Guitar Hero Guitar controller
HD avi cord
GAMES:
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty World at war
Rockband
Rockband 2
G.H 2
G.H 3
G.H Wariors of Rock
AC/DC track Pack( Rock Band)
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Gear's of War 2

Wii-
4 controllers
2 nunchucks
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Mario World 8

He' also throwing in carrying cases, ALL Codex for above armies, some GW & hombrew terrain and 2nd edition rules. I'm getting excited!
Still don't know if they are painted or not, but I think that someone who has all this would have painted at least some of it. The swap is set for Wednesday. I'll keep you updated and try to take some pic's of the haul and post here.

I think you made a great trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE 8/17/11

Ok, so I made the trade.Below are some pics of the units.They were all stored in Plano Tackle boxes but he must have had them in the garage for years because they were FILTHY. Took me a couple of weeks to clean them all out and sort them. Included in the pics are a massive Ork army that he forgot to list. However, he still owe's me the 'Nid army because it was not included. Also included but not shown were 2 copies each of all the armies Codex and 2 copies of the 2nd edition rules and one copy of the 3rd Edition book. Also not shown is 30 odd unpainted Chaos marines, 50-60 unpainted Orks and a bunch of other stuff( includeing unassembledspace marines). Now I just have to decide which edition rules to use.Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play with 3rd edition, you may latter upgrade to 5th (actual) edition without much trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raenman wrote:
What do you think the value is?

1 million dollars.

No, seriously, that is a SHIT TON of models. I can't comprehend the cash he spent on that, but I just sold a big army of Imperial Guard on Ebay and got $550. It was give or take as big a lot as his guard. But mine were mostly unpainted, and didn't include "out of edition" models.

I would use 5th edition. But sell what you don't want to use, and you could probably make your money back.

USED armies are hard to sell, as most people want them unpainted. So sometimes people are willing to "get out" of the hobby for a trade like yours...but man, ohhhh man, you got a great deal.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there has got to be over $4000 in models there, no? Especially with cases, codices, etc.

Enjoy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.